Author Topic: Doxygen plugin  (Read 284881 times)

Offline Phenom

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: Doxygen plugin
« Reply #165 on: May 17, 2010, 07:44:23 pm »
Ok, thx.

Taking a look at the plugin source I saw the line:

Code
#include <wx/wx.h>

So do I need wxWidgets to compile myself?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 07:48:38 pm by Phenom »

Offline Cryogen

• Regular
« Reply #166 on: May 20, 2010, 01:14:58 am »

Hi,

Ok, thx.

Taking a look at the plugin source I saw the line:

Code
#include <wx/wx.h>

So do I need wxWidgets to compile myself?

Well, yes. You need a wxWidgets build environment set up. That takes a little bit of work and you will find lots of help around the forum. I suggest starting with the wiki page at http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=Main_Page that explains the setup.

Also try this:
http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=WxWindowsQuickRef

Cheers.

Offline Cryogen

• Regular
« Reply #167 on: May 20, 2010, 05:46:26 am »
 Hi maofde,

Add DoxyBlocksLogger.* to the project-file, hey seem to miss in the linux-version.

You are right, I added this to the doxygen-project, but it still don't work here:-(

I have updated the unix build files. Building works for me using:

Code
make
sudo make install

on Ubuntu Karmic. C::B has what I think are serious issues on Linux. I can't run it from C::B, either, although I can build it. Why we have to build from the command line when we're building an IDE I don't know but it refuses to work from the IDE for me. Changes are in the latest SVN.

Cryo.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 05:51:08 am by Cryogen »

Offline Cryogen

• Regular
« Reply #168 on: May 20, 2010, 05:47:22 am »

Hi,

Released version 1.5.511 of DoxyBlocks
-Fixed: Unix build files.
-Removed: Debug statement that was inadvertently left behind.

Cheers.

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #169 on: May 20, 2010, 08:15:59 am »
on Ubuntu Karmic. C::B has what I think are serious issues on Linux. I can't run it from C::B, either, although I can build it. Why we have to build from the command line when we're building an IDE I don't know but it refuses to work from the IDE for me. Changes are in the latest SVN.

Works fine here on debian.
From IDE or from commandline.

Did you run ./update after the first build to copy the xrc's and other resources ?

Offline Cryogen

• Regular
« Reply #170 on: May 21, 2010, 04:46:05 am »

Jens/maofde,

After rebuilding wx and C::B for unrelated reasons, Doxyblocks now works from the installed version and from my built versions, including via run.sh. I don't know exactly what changed to make the difference but it's nice either way.

Cheers.

Offline maofde

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #171 on: May 22, 2010, 09:23:17 pm »

Jens/maofde,

After rebuilding wx and C::B for unrelated reasons, Doxyblocks now works from the installed version and from my built versions, including via run.sh. I don't know exactly what changed to make the difference but it's nice either way.

Cheers.

I'll give it a try tomorrow with a fresh brain  8)

Edit:  svn6261 with Jens patch (adapted to the newer version), doxyblocks rev34 --> on ubuntu 9.10-x64 building via make works fine now!

Thank you Cryogen, it works! This plugin is incredible useful.  :D
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 09:37:41 am by maofde »

Offline Cryogen

• Regular
« Reply #172 on: May 23, 2010, 08:47:57 pm »

Hi,

I'll give it a try tomorrow with a fresh brain  8)

Edit:  svn6261 with Jens patch (adapted to the newer version), doxyblocks rev34 --> on ubuntu 9.10-x64 building via make works fine now!

Thank you Cryogen, it works! This plugin is incredible useful.  :D

That's good and thanks, I'm glad you find it so.

Gary.

Offline DanRR

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #173 on: June 03, 2010, 08:24:55 am »
Hi,
The last Doxygen version (1.3.312) won't load with CB 10.5.
Will there be a version that supports 10.5?

Offline maofde

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #174 on: June 06, 2010, 06:28:04 pm »
Hi Gary,

I've found an inconvenient situation when using latex formulas: If you have a syntax error inside the formula, usually latex asks what to do and waits for a user input. doxygen waits for latex to finish, which never happends, because there is no possibility to interact with latex, which in the end causes doxyblocks to block codeblocks.

I've two solutions in mind: Either it should be possible to abort the doxygen-call inside codeblocks, or it should be possible to get the console in which doxygen runs and interact there with latex.

I would prefer the second option, the first one would just avoid killing C::B each time doxygen doesn't finish.

Best,
maofde

Offline danselmi

• Developer
  • Almost regular
« Reply #175 on: June 07, 2010, 09:04:00 am »
or just start latex with the option
Code
-interaction=nonstopmode

Offline Cryogen

• Regular
« Reply #176 on: June 07, 2010, 04:13:57 pm »

Hi,

Hi,

I'd need a lot more information than that before I can do anything for you. I use it almost every day with increasingly later SVN versions. I currently have SVN 6333. 10.5 was SVN 6283, according to the revision graph. What are you trying to do and in what way won't it load?

Cheers.

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #177 on: June 07, 2010, 04:55:24 pm »

Hi,

Hi,

I'd need a lot more information than that before I can do anything for you. I use it almost every day with increasingly later SVN versions. I currently have SVN 6333. 10.5 was SVN 6283, according to the revision graph. What are you trying to do and in what way won't it load?

Cheers.

What type compiler are you using SJLJ or DW2 like Code::Blocks is using; the plugin failed to load for me and it is a missing symbol like error in code::blocks log.
Code
DoxyBlocks.dll: not loaded (missing symbols?)
Tim S.
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline Cryogen

• Regular
« Reply #178 on: June 07, 2010, 05:32:50 pm »

Hi maofde,

I've found an inconvenient situation when using latex formulas: If you have a syntax error inside the formula, usually latex asks what to do and waits for a user input. doxygen waits for latex to finish, which never happends, because there is no possibility to interact with latex, which in the end causes doxyblocks to block codeblocks.

I've two solutions in mind: Either it should be possible to abort the doxygen-call inside codeblocks, or it should be possible to get the console in which doxygen runs and interact there with latex.

I would prefer the second option, the first one would just avoid killing C::B each time doxygen doesn't finish.

I'm sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, I have never seen or used LaTeX. I'd be happy to try and improve things for you but I'd need a lot more information in order to do that. Did danselmi's suggestion help you at all?

Another thought. DoxyBlocks just runs the doygen application. Killing that process should avoid the need to kill C::B.

Cheers,

Gary.

Offline Cryogen

• Regular
« Reply #179 on: June 07, 2010, 05:48:27 pm »

Hi Tim,

What type compiler are you using SJLJ or DW2 like Code::Blocks is using; the plugin failed to load for me and it is a missing symbol like error in code::blocks log.
Code
DoxyBlocks.dll: not loaded (missing symbols?)
Tim S.

I'm sorry, I don't know what you mean.

Cheers.