Author Topic: Doxygen plugin  (Read 284901 times)

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Doxygen plugin - producing a .cbplugin installer
« Reply #105 on: March 24, 2010, 04:25:31 pm »
Creating a .cbplugin from the release code might work but that would be redundant, wouldn't it, as it would be in the contrib plug-ins (I hope)?  :wink:
Notice that a *.cbplugin for Linux would surely depend on the libraries / system you use. However, this concept works reliable under Windows and should work reliable at least for (some) major Linux distros.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline Cryogen

• Regular
« Reply #106 on: March 24, 2010, 06:28:21 pm »
Notice that a *.cbplugin for Linux would surely depend on the libraries / system you use. However, this concept works reliable under Windows and should work reliable at least for (some) major Linux distros.

As far as I am aware no-one has been able to install the Windows .cbplugins I've been making available. I'll put the latest on SourceForge. Please let me know if it works for you.

Thanks.

Offline skunky79

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #107 on: March 25, 2010, 03:06:00 pm »

As far as I am aware no-one has been able to install the Windows .cbplugins I've been making available. I'll put the latest on SourceForge. Please let me know if it works for you.

Thanks.

Not working for me! (C::B 8.02 on WinXP)

Offline Aelxx

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #108 on: March 25, 2010, 08:06:30 pm »

Thanks.
Not working on my PC with C::B build 6181 on WinXP.

Offline Cryogen

• Regular
« Reply #109 on: March 26, 2010, 01:47:11 am »

Thanks, guys. We're not expecting it to work in 8.02 but its' interesting that it fails in the SVN build as that's very recent.

Cheers.

Offline codeur

• Code::Blocks EDU-Portable
« Reply #110 on: March 26, 2010, 04:43:22 am »

Thanks, guys. We're not expecting it to work in 8.02 but its' interesting that it fails in the SVN build as that's very recent.

Cheers.

Offline codeur

« Reply #111 on: March 26, 2010, 04:54:48 am »

Hi Gary,
As you probably know already, your .cbplugin does not work on SVN 3190 either. It is built on your own non standard CB installation with a non-standard project and is likely to work only on your installation.
I guess that if you do not provide a standard working project based on a standard installation and capable of producing a .cbplugin that works on standard systems one of the maintainers will.
The issue then will be that the published  project will not be compatible with your own development system. It'll make it more work for you to maintain it.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Doxygen plugin
« Reply #112 on: March 26, 2010, 10:15:15 am »
Uf, why do you bother with the cbplugin, after the release I'm sure the DoxyBlocks will be integrated in the contrib plugins and all will have it.  :lol:
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #113 on: March 26, 2010, 08:36:52 pm »
after the release I'm sure the DoxyBlocks will be integrated in the contrib plugins and all will have it.  :lol:
I support that, too. So it'll be with some others I have in mind, too...
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline Cryogen

• Regular
« Reply #114 on: March 26, 2010, 11:00:54 pm »
after the release I'm sure the DoxyBlocks will be integrated in the contrib plugins and all will have it.  :lol:
I support that, too. So it'll be with some others I have in mind, too...

Nice, thanks.  :o

Offline Cryogen

• Regular
« Reply #115 on: March 27, 2010, 07:24:54 am »
Hi Gary,
As you probably know already, your .cbplugin does not work on SVN 3190 either. It is built on your own non standard CB installation with a non-standard project and is likely to work only on your installation.
I guess that if you do not provide a standard working project based on a standard installation and capable of producing a .cbplugin that works on standard systems one of the maintainers will.
The issue then will be that the published  project will not be compatible with your own development system. It'll make it more work for you to maintain it.

Yes, well, the problem with that is trying to find the way to create a "standard" installation. My requests for assistance have been ignored, so far. However, I did manage to stumble across the solution last night. I then spent several more frustrating hours rebuilding wx numerous times, trying to find out why that fails, rebuilding C::B, finding that that wouldn't run, installing 8.02 so that I could rebuild the damned thing and recovering the situation, which required manually placing files that the build didn't put in place.  :cry:

However, it's working now and I finally have a setup that uses the standard build paths and doesn't require me to modify the project files to make it run. Here's hoping that the .cbplugin, which I'm about to release, works finally. Either way, things should now be easier for all of us.  :D

It will also mean that the project will now streamline itself with the contrib workspace properly. That has to be a good thing.

Ciao.

Offline Cryogen

• Regular
« Reply #116 on: March 27, 2010, 07:26:39 am »

Hi Guys,

Released version 1.3.289 of DoxyBlocks
-Fixed: I have changed my setup and the project to run with the paths expected by C::B. Hopefully this will solve the failures to run experienced by .cbplugin users and bring it into line with other contrib projects.

Hurrah!  :lol:

Offline codeur

« Reply #117 on: March 27, 2010, 12:21:37 pm »
Wow! This time DoxyBlocks builds off the shelf on CB build 6190. There is no need anymore for me to merge my version of the project with yours as had been the case with previous releases.

Gary, your published .cbplugin still does not load on my system. I am not surprised, but the difference this time probably comes from my side as I have newer versions of the compiler and libraries. The .cbplugin produced by your un-modified project on my system loads without a hitch.

Apologies for pushing you so insistently. I thought I might have gone too far this time. At least now that you have done it, you have a standard system that will allow you to maintain your plugin more easily in the future.

I am very grateful to you for having provided such a convenient access to doxygen. A portable Code::Blocks (a recent build) including DoxyBlocks will be installed and used by our many users here (I hope) in the next few weeks. It will then really be tested for good. I am likely to have some feedback for you then.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 12:24:14 pm by codeur »

Offline Cryogen

• Regular
« Reply #118 on: March 27, 2010, 11:00:16 pm »

Hi again,

Wow! This time DoxyBlocks builds off the shelf on CB build 6190. There is no need anymore for me to merge my version of the project with yours as had been the case with previous releases.

That's the idea. :-)

[/quote]
Gary, your published .cbplugin still does not load on my system. I am not surprised, but the difference this time probably comes from my side as I have newer versions of the compiler and libraries. The .cbplugin produced by your un-modified project on my system loads without a hitch.

OK, ta. I'm keen to see if it works for anyone else, now. Not that it's critical but it would be nice to know that the current setup produces workable code.

Apologies for pushing you so insistently. I thought I might have gone too far this time. At least now that you have done it, you have a standard system that will allow you to maintain your plugin more easily in the future.

Not necessary, thanks. No, there's never been a lack of intention, just a lack of information, but I get there eventually in most cases, anyway. ;-)

I am very grateful to you for having provided such a convenient access to doxygen. A portable Code::Blocks (a recent build) including DoxyBlocks will be installed and used by our many users here (I hope) in the next few weeks. It will then really be tested for good. I am likely to have some feedback for you then.

No problems. I'm increasingly pleased with it and glad to see it being well received. Have fun.

Cheers.

Offline Cryogen

• Regular
« Reply #119 on: March 27, 2010, 11:09:20 pm »

Hi Guys,

Released version 1.3.312 of DoxyBlocks
-Fixed: Bug that prevented the output directory being created if a sub-directory was used and didn't already exist.
-Fixed: Bug in prefs loading code that prevented global prefs from being loaded for a project which hadn't previously used DoxyBlocks.
-Updated: The generated doxyfile couldn't be run directly by doxygen due to the way that relative paths were created. Changed how DoxyBlocks creates and runs the doxyfile so that it can be run directly by other agents.

I found a couple of bugs that I hadn't detected before. The third item above was a nasty gotcha. You have to expect that doxygen will be able to run the doxyfile natively, so that was well caught. Re: the second item, these are the prefs that are global, and should load for all projects (assuming they've been set at least once):
-The 5 paths;
-overwrite doxyfile;
-prompt before overwriting;
-Use internal viewer;
-Run HTML;
-Run CHM;

I considered these things to be generic to how you use doxygen, rather than related to a specific project.

Cheers,

Gary.