Author Topic: [SOLVED] black editior problem can i fix this somehow?  (Read 10765 times)

Offline Denro

• Multiple posting newcomer
  • Just dont ask me
    • search to find
[SOLVED] black editior problem can i fix this somehow?
« on: February 08, 2010, 04:46:14 pm »
hello,
i have now installed codeblocks and it looks all very great and i am happy with it :)

i did change the syntax highliting and the look and view of the editor...
i did the whole background black and the forderground white and i set the highlights as i like them
now i have a little problem...
the blinking cursor is black and i cant set it to be white... so its hard to see the black blinking cursor on the black background
also the line numbers are still white and i cant find a option to change them also to black background and white forderground

is there maybe a hiden place where i can manualy change this somewhere in a config file?

i just would like to change the linenumbers to white and the background to black and the blinking cursor to white or maybe light yellow :)

maybe i also can suggest this for a future update?...
maybe there should be something like additional synthaxhighliting themes one whith white background and black forderground just as normal and one whith black background and white forderground as i like it and maybe one more with crazy colors and the possibility to do more nice themes
and maybe it should be also possible to change the blinking cursor and the linenumbers and theyr background

i hope someone can tell me now how i can fix this in a simple way...

how ever codeBlocks is great :D
and i like to thank you for this tool :)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 07:32:12 pm by Denro »
Max 255; characters remaining: 221

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: black editior problem can i fix this somehow?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 04:52:23 pm »
The cursor color can be set in "Settings -> Editor -> Margins and caret -> Caret: -> colour".

ABout the margins colour:
if I remember right, you can not change it without compiling C::B from source (but I might be wrong).

Offline Denro

• Multiple posting newcomer
  • Just dont ask me
    • search to find
Re: black editior problem can i fix this somehow?
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 06:59:05 pm »
your the man :D

thank you very much :)
somehow i am new to all this and english is not my language (i did not know that this is called a caret)
how ever thanks to you the problem is solved now :D

the line numbers are still black on white, but this is not so tragic ;)
and i my self am just begining to learn C programming so at this moment i will of course not compile C::B from the source :(

but thank you many times :)
Max 255; characters remaining: 221