Author Topic: Using Code block to generate a programs use the WxWidgets for ARM-Linux target  (Read 5807 times)

Offline mhamed

• Single posting newcomer
Hi all,

My Os : Ubuntu 9.10
cross-compile platform : for ARM-Linux

I'm a newbie to the Code block environment and i wanna use the code block to develop a GUI for ARM Linux .
I installed the Code block successfully and i designed a simple program ( Just hello World program) and configured the Code block compiler to the GNU ARM Linux , but when i compiled the program , it gives me this errors

obj/ArmRelease/GUIFrame.o||In function `__static_initialization_and_destruction_0(int, int)':|
GUIFrame.cpp:(.text+0x64)||undefined reference to `wxEventHashTable::wxEventHashTable(wxEventTable const&)'|
GUIFrame.cpp:(.text+0x180)||undefined reference to `wxEventHashTable::~wxEventHashTable()'|
GUIFrame.cpp:(.text+0x18c)||undefined reference to `wxEVT_CLOSE_WINDOW'|
GUIFrame.cpp:(.text+0x190)||undefined reference to `wxEVT_COMMAND_MENU_SELECTED'|
GUIFrame.cpp:(.text+0x194)||undefined reference to `wxEVT_NULL'|
obj/ArmRelease/GUIFrame.o||In function `GUIFrame::GUIFrame(wxWindow*, int, wxString, wxPoint, wxSize, int)':|
GUIFrame.cpp:(.text+0x1dc)||undefined reference to `wxStringBase::InitWith(wchar_t const*, unsigned int, unsigned int)'|
GUIFrame.cpp:(.text+0x1e4)||undefined reference to `wxFrameBase::wxFrameBase()'|
GUIFrame.cpp:(.text+0x1f4)||undefined reference to `wxFrame::Init()'|
GUIFrame.cpp:(.text+0x224)||undefined reference to `wxFrame::Create(wxWindow*, int, wxString const&, wxPoint const&, wxSize const&, long, wxString const&)'|
GUIFrame.cpp:(.text+0x278)||undefined reference to `wxTopLevelWindowGTK::DoSetSizeHints(int, int, int, int, int, int)'|
GUIFrame.cpp:(.text+0x28c)||undefined reference to `wxMenuBar::wxMenuBar(long)'|
GUIFrame.cpp:(.text+0x2a0)||undefined reference to `wxEvtHandler::wxEvtHandler()'|
GUIFrame.cpp:(.text+0x2d0)||undefined reference to `wxListBase::Init(wxKeyType)'|
GUIFrame.cpp:(.text+0x2e4)||undefined reference to `wxMenuBase::Init(long)'|
GUIFrame.cpp:(.text+0x2f4)||undefined reference to `wxMenu::Init()'|
GUIFrame.cpp:(.text+0x30c)||undefined reference to `wxStringBase::InitWith(wchar_t const*, unsigned int, unsigned int)'|
GUIFrame.cpp:(.text+0x320)||undefined reference to `operator+(wxString const&, wchar_t)'|
GUIFrame.cpp:(.text+0x334)||undefined reference to `operator+(wxString const&, wchar_t const*)'|
GUIFrame.cpp:(.text+0x34c)||undefined reference to `wxStringBase::InitWith(wchar_t const*, unsigned int, unsigned int)'|
GUIFrame.cpp:(.text+0x374)||undefined reference to `wxMenuItem::wxMenuItem(wxMenu*, int, wxString const&, wxString const&, wxItemKind, wxMenu*)'|
GUIFrame.cpp:(.text+0x440)||undefined reference to `wxStringBase::InitWith(wchar_t const*, unsigned int, unsigned int)'|
GUIFrame.cpp:(.text+0x488)||undefined reference to `wxEvtHandler::wxEvtHandler()'|
GUIFrame.cpp:(.text+0x4b8)||undefined reference to `wxListBase::Init(wxKeyType)'|
GUIFrame.cpp:(.text+0x4cc)||undefined reference to `wxMenuBase::Init(long)'|
GUIFrame.cpp:(.text+0x4dc)||undefined reference to `wxMenu::Init()'|
GUIFrame.cpp:(.text+0x4f4)||undefined reference to `wxStringBase::InitWith(wchar_t const*, unsigned int, unsigned int)'|
GUIFrame.cpp:(.text+0x508)||undefined reference to `operator+(wxString const&, wchar_t)'|
GUIFrame.cpp:(.text+0x51c)||undefined reference to `operator+(wxString const&, wchar_t const*)'|
GUIFrame.cpp:(.text+0x534)||undefined reference to `wxStringBase::InitWith(wchar_t const*, unsigned int, unsigned int)'|
GUIFrame.cpp:(.text+0x560)||undefined reference to `wxMenuItem::wxMenuItem(wxMenu*, int, wxString const&, wxString const&, wxItemKind, wxMenu*)'|
GUIFrame.cpp:(.text+0x62c)||undefined reference to `wxStringBase::InitWith(wchar_t const*, unsigned int, unsigned int)'|
GUIFrame.cpp:(.text+0x670)||undefined reference to `wxFrameBase::SetMenuBar(wxMenuBar*)'|
GUIFrame.cpp:(.text+0x688)||undefined reference to `wxStringBase::InitWith(wchar_t const*, unsigned int, unsigned int)'|
GUIFrame.cpp:(.text+0x6a0)||undefined reference to `wxFrame::CreateStatusBar(int, long, int, wxString const&)'|
GUIFrame.cpp:(.text+0x744)||undefined reference to `wxFrame::~wxFrame()'|
GUIFrame.cpp:(.text+0x7ac)||undefined reference to `wxMenuBase::~wxMenuBase()'|
GUIFrame.cpp:(.text+0x7d4)||undefined reference to `wxEvtHandler::~wxEvtHandler()'|
GUIFrame.cpp:(.text+0x7ec)||undefined reference to `wxObject::UnRef()'|
GUIFrame.cpp:(.text+0x810)||undefined reference to `wxFrameBase::~wxFrameBase()'|
GUIFrame.cpp:(.text+0x874)||undefined reference to `wxStringBase::npos'|
GUIFrame.cpp:(.text+0x878)||undefined reference to `wxFrameNameStr'|
GUIFrame.cpp:(.text+0x87c)||undefined reference to `vtable for wxFrame'|
GUIFrame.cpp:(.text+0x880)||undefined reference to `wxDefaultSize'|
GUIFrame.cpp:(.text+0x888)||undefined reference to `vtable for wxListBase'|
GUIFrame.cpp:(.text+0x88c)||undefined reference to `wxEmptyString'|
GUIFrame.cpp:(.text+0x890)||undefined reference to `vtable for wxMenuBase'|
GUIFrame.cpp:(.text+0x898)||undefined reference to `vtable for wxMenu'|
GUIFrame.cpp:(.text+0x8bc)||undefined reference to `wxStatusLineNameStr'|
GUIFrame.cpp:(.text+0x8c0)||undefined reference to `vtable for wxObject'|
obj/ArmRelease/GUIFrame.o||In function `GUIFrame::GUIFrame(wxWindow*, int, wxString, wxPoint, wxSize, int)':|
GUIFrame.cpp:(.text+0x8f8)||undefined reference to `wxStringBase::InitWith(wchar_t const*, unsigned int, unsigned int)'|
||More errors follow but not being shown.|
||Edit the max errors limit in compiler options...|
||=== Build finished: 50 errors, 0 warnings ===|

Note:
when i compiled the Wxwidgets i use this configuration
./configure --disable-shared   --with-directfb 

could you help me please.
Thanks
M.Hamed

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
I suggest asking on an wxWidgets site; are you sure wxDFB is a better choice that wxX11 or wxGTK?

I have no idea; which is the right choice; the wxWidgets site is more likely to know.

http://forum.wxwidgets.org/

Tim S.
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline mhamed

• Single posting newcomer
Hi Tim.
Thanks for your replying , regarding to which port is good It depend on your usage
check this link
http://www.wxwidgets.org/docs/embedded.htm#wxgtk

Thanks
M.Hamed

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
FYI:

You do realize wxDFB is more likely to be broken in trunk then most other builds. I suggest, again, checking with an wxWidgets group.

NOTE: Please turn on Full Compiler Logging to help them to help you.
http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ#Q:_How_do_I_troubleshoot_an_compiler_problem.3F

Tim S.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 05:01:58 pm by stahta01 »
--

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
FYI:

If you are a beginning C++ programmer, do you realize those are link errors you are getting?

If you add the correct library they should go away assuming your code is NOT the cause of the errors.

Asking on an wxWidgets forum should help you to determine the missing libraries.

Tim S.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 09:27:11 pm by stahta01 »
--