Author Topic: Two questions related to a feature and changes  (Read 4230 times)

Offline speeder

• Single posting newcomer
Two questions related to a feature and changes
« on: February 08, 2010, 05:39:54 am »
Where I can find a non-broken list of important changes since stable? (I am using stable, so I have no idea of what was been going on with the SVN)

Also, code blocks support or will support realtime error checking like other modern IDEs do?

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
Re: Two questions related to a feature and changes
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 04:08:15 am »
Also, code blocks support or will support realtime error checking like other modern IDEs do?

Does your Compiler/Debugger support realtime error checking?

If yes, then Code::Blocks might; but, more likely with GCC/GDB then VS/CDB.

Note: If not GCC or Visual Studio Compiler/Debugger then most likely answer is no to support.

Tim S.
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 09:12:20 am »
Which 'modern' IDE supports this feature for C++ (not VB,C#,Java)?
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline speeder

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 05:26:07 pm »
Indeed, not many support full error checking for C++ in realtime because of its complexity...

But checking syntax errors (like: YOU FORGOT THE ; BAKA!!!!) or some basic flow errors (like: your function does not have a return statement) is possible.

But this was just for curiosity, what I really want to know is the diffrence between 8.02 and the current SVN, and no, I will not read the entire SVN, I do not want to know that you fixed the source files that had the comments aligned wrong or that sort of stuff. I want to know like: WE IMPLEMENTED A WHOLE NEW TOTALLY AWESOME LUA PLUG-IN SYSTEM!, I know that this is not true, it is just an example of a actually important feature, that you should have (the type of feature, not this particular one) in a updated roadmap as done or to-do.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2010, 07:39:39 pm »
This will lead us nowhere...  :shock: :?

Test a nightly or wait for the next release!

BTW, If you could have spend the time to read the log instead of arguing with me (here and on IRC).

p.s. here is a link to another discussion on that topic: http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,11896.msg81344.html#msg81344
p.p.s. using svn log -r HEAD:4912 | grep ^* you can filter out the minor changes (it the commit has followed the commit policy)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 07:41:46 pm by oBFusCATed »
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]