Author Topic: [DOWNLOAD] Packages of Code::Blocks in your linux distro  (Read 615323 times)

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
Re: [DOWNLOAD] Packages of Code::Blocks in your linux distro
« Reply #60 on: February 19, 2006, 06:00:55 pm »
3) Why is there no Makefile.unix in the RC2 source code archive? I'd compile it myself if I had a makefile.

Hello,

IMHO you should compile C::B from SVN sources, instead of using RC2. Have a look at here on how to do. In case of problems a fast search in the forum is usually helpful :).

Best wishes,
Michael

Offline TheTuxKeeper

• Regular
  • daniel2000
« Reply #61 on: February 19, 2006, 09:31:54 pm »
2) daniel2000 wrote that the RPM for Suse 9.3 can be found under http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/misc/suser-drcux/93/rpm/. But there is no file called "codeblocks". Can you tell me another location to download a RC2 package for Suse 9.3?
Yes, only the i686 version of the Suse 9.3 package is available here. But it's very outdated (that's the reason the other packager removed it from his repository).
To build an RPM package you can take a look at this: Compiling Code::Blocks in RPM based distributions

Daniel
Nightly builds for openSUSE

nigelibrown

Re: Fedora Core 4
« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2006, 03:51:35 pm »
Okay, so you can call me a newb here if youd like.  But i just got my linux box up and running, i really like codeblocks, and i would like to run it under FC4, but the rpm package at the top of this post's link is bad.  I was just wondering what you would suggest.  Thanks for humoring me.  I am somewhat new to linux and this is the first time ive used fedora.

Hi, have been looking for a fedora 4 installation without any luck! Can anyone help please? (with a valid link )

NeXuS

SVN HEAD (20/02/2006) build on Ubuntu Breezy
« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2006, 06:10:37 pm »
Hello everybody,
I've just built my first .deb package using the current (20/02/2006) SVN HEAD.
Since it's my first build the package may be lacking something I did not notice, but I installed it on my system and it seems to work.
I'm using Ubuntu/Kubuntu 5.10 (Breezy Badger) with the latest updates I could find.

The package is available  for download at the following address:

http://carapax.wiener.crema.unimi.it/users/max/codeblocks_200206ubuntu_i386.deb

Hope it serves you well

Max

[EDIT]

I noticed a problem while running the IDE: the buttons that should be colored reflecting the chosen color for something (like background) are always grey. Please let me know if this is a known bug.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2006, 06:18:55 pm by NeXuS »

Offline TheTuxKeeper

• Regular
  • daniel2000
« Reply #64 on: February 20, 2006, 06:26:32 pm »
Okay, so you can call me a newb here if youd like. But i just got my linux box up and running, i really like codeblocks, and i would like to run it under FC4, but the rpm package at the top of this post's link is bad. I was just wondering what you would suggest. Thanks for humoring me. I am somewhat new to linux and this is the first time ive used fedora.

Hi, have been looking for a fedora 4 installation without any luck! Can anyone help please? (with a valid link )
I'm just compiling the newest SVN revision under Fedora Core 4. If there aren't too much errors, I'll upload the RPM package to a free download space (could be little slow). It should be available in the two hours.

Daniel

EDIT: I just didn't manage to compile the svn version on Fedora :(
"undefined reference" errors everywhere :?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2006, 09:15:38 pm by daniel2000 »

NeXuS

« Reply #65 on: February 20, 2006, 06:44:34 pm »

I'm just compiling the newest SVN revision under Fedora Core 4. If there aren't too much errors, I'll upload the RPM package to a free download space (could be little slow). It should be available in the two hours.

Daniel

If you need some space I can provide it. It's my uni's network so it should be pretty fast.

Cheers

Max

Offline TheTuxKeeper

• Regular
  • daniel2000
« Reply #66 on: February 20, 2006, 06:47:59 pm »

Daniel

If you need some space I can provide it. It's my uni's network so it should be pretty fast.

Cheers

Max
That would be great!!!

I'll send you a PM, when I'm ready.

Big thanks

Daniel

Offline Zingam

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: SVN HEAD (20/02/2006) build on Ubuntu Breezy
« Reply #67 on: February 21, 2006, 08:25:56 am »

Hope it serves you well

Thank you! It works great! It is not my first installation, I installed it over a previous one but it seems much better now.

:) Keep on delivering new builds, pls  :D

P.S. What did you do to compile it?

NeXuS

« Reply #68 on: February 21, 2006, 06:05:40 pm »

Thank you! It works great! It is not my first installation, I installed it over a previous one but it seems much better now.

:) Keep on delivering new builds, pls  :D

P.S. What did you do to compile it?

Thanks for the compliments, I'll try to do a build each week.
I mostly followed the instructions you can find by googling for "how to build deb package", but I can summarize the process in:

* Name the directory containing the sources following the Debian naming scheme.
* Run dh_make (with the proper options) within such dir.
* Modify / Delete the files contained in the ./debian directory that is generated by dh_make. Beware that programs that do not use autoconf/automake need a special attention.
* Run debuild in the source directory. The package is generated in the upper level directory respect to the source.

Pretty simple, altough I wish I coluld master the debianization better.

Rondy

« Reply #69 on: February 22, 2006, 01:55:09 pm »
Hi, i'm waitting for the Redhat/Fedora RPM files too. Link is not working.
Code::Blocks is the best C++ IDE, i want to use it very soon.

Thanks.

Offline TheTuxKeeper

• Regular
  • daniel2000
« Reply #70 on: February 22, 2006, 02:09:27 pm »

Thanks.
I'm trying to compile it, but I have to recompile the wxGTK package too. So it takes a bit longer, because this causes other problems (can't fit build dependencies, though having activated even development repo's :? ).

I hope it will be ready this evening, at least the wxGTK package, codeblocks should follow tomorrow (if it works :lol: )

Shall I also build a codeblocks RC2 package ? The one I try to build now is one out of the svn sources.

Daniel

Rondy

« Reply #71 on: February 23, 2006, 02:15:01 pm »

Thanks.
I'm trying to compile it, but I have to recompile the wxGTK package too. So it takes a bit longer, because this causes other problems (can't fit build dependencies, though having activated even development repo's :? ).

I hope it will be ready this evening, at least the wxGTK package, codeblocks should follow tomorrow (if it works :lol: )

Shall I also build a codeblocks RC2 package ? The one I try to build now is one out of the svn sources.

Daniel

That's great Daniel, thanks a lot for your effort.
I think we could try that svn sources, and if it's too bugy we try the RC2 later.
Thanks again and good luck!

Rondy

Offline TheTuxKeeper

• Regular
  • daniel2000
« Reply #72 on: March 05, 2006, 11:19:13 am »
Sorry Rondy, it took very long. I had few problems to build the package (misconfigurations and few little errors)

Here is the revision 2134 package: http://www.savefile.com/projects.php?pid=369858 (in some time also available on berlios: Code::Blocks IDE - Files
It's linked against the original fedora packages: http://ftp.freshrpms.net/pub/freshrpms/ayo/fedora/linux/4/i386/RPMS.freshrpms/ (to run codeblocks you need at least wxGTK-2.6.2-0.2.2.fc4.i386.rpm)

Package linked against the suse/mandriva compatible package (can be found here) will follow. (don't know when)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2006, 05:16:22 pm by daniel2000 »

Offline Dmytry

• Single posting newcomer
    • My webpage, Volumetrics for MojoWorld, The Galaxy, etc.
« Reply #73 on: March 06, 2006, 10:40:26 pm »
Hello everybody,
I've just built my first .deb package using the current (20/02/2006) SVN HEAD.
Since it's my first build the package may be lacking something I did not notice, but I installed it on my system and it seems to work.
I'm using Ubuntu/Kubuntu 5.10 (Breezy Badger) with the latest updates I could find.

The package is available  for download at the following address:

Hope it serves you well

Max

[EDIT]

I noticed a problem while running the IDE: the buttons that should be colored reflecting the chosen color for something (like background) are always grey. Please let me know if this is a known bug.

Great! It works quite well, better than whatever i installed previously.

Though there is little problem, when i choose editor --> settings, it hangs up (i.e. process is "sleeping")...
It happens only with editor settings, haven't had it hanging up other way.
I'm going to compile it muself, maybe, if i will have time. Tho i'll probably first compile and install wxwidgets 2.6.3 for fixes...
« Last Edit: March 06, 2006, 10:44:46 pm by Dmytry »

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
« Reply #74 on: March 07, 2006, 09:38:26 am »
I'm going to compile it muself, maybe, if i will have time. Tho i'll probably first compile and install wxwidgets 2.6.3 for fixes...

Hello,

I do not know in Linux (haven't tried yet), but in Windows C::B built with wxwidgets 2.6.3-RC1 has some layout problems. You can see them here. Anyway, building C::B is easy if you use the provided project file(s) :D.

Best wishes,
Michael