Author Topic: 8.03 release?  (Read 38919 times)

Offline calzakk

• Single posting newcomer
    • Cyotec Systems
Re: 8.03 release?
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2010, 03:30:42 pm »
Not exactly what you mention but more readable: http://apt.jenslody.de/ChangeLog.

What you need for each release is:
1. a brief list of important changes in the release that everyone can read quickly;
2. a list of all other changes in the release that most people don't bother reading;
3. a list of every change ever made to the project (i.e. the above link).

The first two can be distributed with the release, the third can simply be linked to.

BTW, I'm really glad I kicked off this topic. I'm obviously not alone in thinking an official full release is long overdue, and I'm looking forward to the new release sometime in the near future, thanks in advance to everyone involved!  :)

Offline kencamargo

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2010, 01:17:51 pm »
BTW, I'm really glad I kicked off this topic. I'm obviously not alone in thinking an official full release is long overdue, and I'm looking forward to the new release sometime in the near future, thanks in advance to everyone involved!  :)

There's a poll running now on one of the wxwidgets fora for which IDE people are using:

http://forums.wxwidgets.org/viewtopic.php?t=26916

Code::Blocks is leading so far, but that's not the reason I am posting this. It occurred to me that c::b may not be getting its fair shake due to lack of updated information. Although a new release might indeed be a good idea, may I suggest that at least the home page be changed? Someone arriving there looking for info will get the wrong impression, i.e. that c::b is stagnated for over two years, since only those "in the know" are familiar with the nightlies. Simply having a link to them in the front page doesn't cut it. I know that keeping documentation and web sites up to date can be a bitch, all I am suggesting is to scrub all the outdated information from the page (e.g. "a new version is coming soon"), and replace it with a short blurb about the nightlies, such as: "Code::Blocks is under intensive development. Improved versions are being constantly released as nightly builds. Despite being to a certain extent experimental, such builds are stable and under heavy use by large number of developers. Prospective users should go to the following url to get the most current version and information on how to install and use it", and then point to the appropriate forum post.

We (regular users) could provide small endorsements if the webmasters so wish, so that they could be put on the front page as well.

Regards,
Ken

rogerdv

« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2010, 02:49:37 pm »
I would like to have a new release, but my reason s mostly that I need an updated gcc. I have tried to setup myself TDM, but then some things works and some dont work anymore. SO, I would prefer to receive an official package, made by more experienced people, with both an updated IDE and gcc.

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2010, 03:47:09 pm »
I would like to have a new release, but my reason s mostly that I need an updated gcc. I have tried to setup myself TDM, but then some things works and some dont work anymore. SO, I would prefer to receive an official package, made by more experienced people, with both an updated IDE and gcc.

I prefer that Code::Blocks NEVER ship a compiler with it; because of all the dumb idiots who can not figure out how to install a compiler would NOT keep saying. I do NOT need to upgrade the gcc it came with C::B 8.02 it must work with Vista and Win 7. I hate wasting my time repeating to idiots you must UPGRADE MinGW GCC to a version that works with Windows 7 (Windows version 6.1).

Tim S.
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline JGM

• Lives here!
  • Got to practice :)
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2010, 06:33:51 am »
I hate wasting my time repeating to idiots you must UPGRADE MinGW GCC to a version that works with Windows 7 (Windows version 6.1).

:shock:

:lol:

mariocup

« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2010, 12:44:53 am »
@MortenMacFly:

I plan to update the CB docu within the next days, and tested some new features. In CB files can be removed from a project in serval ways:

1. In Project View via context menu
2. Hitting Del-Key in the Project view
3. Using the context menu in the active editor

If you build a project then  1. is disabled in the context menu, but 2. and 3. are still available while building. To avoid problems I suggest to disable "remove from project" functionality in all cases while building.

Offline Biplab

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Biplab's Blog
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2010, 03:56:17 am »
1. In Project View via context menu
2. Hitting Del-Key in the Project view
3. Using the context menu in the active editor

If you build a project then  1. is disabled in the context menu, but 2. and 3. are still available while building. To avoid problems I suggest to disable "remove from project" functionality in all cases while building.

Hi Mario,

This bug should be fixed in rev 6156. Please try the new code and post your feedback.

Regards,

Biplab
Be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem.

mariocup

« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2010, 02:04:53 pm »
Hi,

@Biplab: Remove file from project seems to works fine now. Thanks.

Please try to reproduce the following behaviour.

If you click on an entry in the symbol browser e.g. a class with the left mouse button, then the content will be displayed in the "bottom tree". If you now click with the right mouse button in the bottom tree, then the context menu will not appear and the selection jumps always to the first entry of the bottom tree. If I select one entry with the left mouse button in the bottom tree, the context menu will be displayed correctly.

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2010, 02:15:13 pm »

If you click on an entry in the symbol browser e.g. a class with the left mouse button, then the content will be displayed in the "bottom tree". If you now click with the right mouse button in the bottom tree, then the context menu will not appear and the selection jumps always to the first entry of the bottom tree. If I select one entry with the left mouse button in the bottom tree, the context menu will be displayed correctly.

Hi Mario,

you are on windows, right ?

Works fine on linux, I will look into it on windows.

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2010, 02:45:18 pm »

Hi Mario,

you are on windows, right ?

Works fine on linux, I will look into it on windows.

No problems on W2K or on Vista, will test XP later.

mariocup

« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2010, 04:08:32 pm »
Hi jens,

working with XP here (CB revision 6157).

mariocup

« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2010, 12:20:49 am »
Hi,

I am trying to use the "enable multiple selection" feature, but it seems not to work correctly in my eyes.

If I select the first text passage with Crtl and the left mouse button then the selection is highlighted. If I select a different text then this selection disappears if I release the Crtl key and the cursor jumps to the beginning of this selection. But if I type a text then it will be inserted at the first selection and at the beginning of the second selection.

I tried different settings in the editor but I was not able to get it work. I know that I tested this feature some time ago and it worked as expected. Can anyone reproduce it?

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2010, 06:35:30 am »
I tried different settings in the editor but I was not able to get it work. I know that I tested this feature some time ago and it worked as expected. Can anyone reproduce it?
Can't try atm, but I've committed an update yesterday concerning multiple (rectangle) selections. Can you try again with trunk, please?!
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

mariocup

« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2010, 06:43:56 pm »
Hi Martin,

to use the multiple selection feature, I have found out that it works with the following workflow, but I don't know if this behaviour is intended.

1. Select line/s (without holding Ctrl) by moving mouse (holding left mouse button).
2. Select a different line: Press the Ctrl-Key and then click the left mouse button to put the cursor at a position. After this release the left mouse button and start holding the Shift key. Then move the mouse cursor to the desired position and click the left mouse button. Now the line will be selected. Then the Shift and Ctrl-key can be released.

Is this the normal way to use multiple selection?

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2010, 08:06:43 pm »
Is this the normal way to use multiple selection?
No. I tried (meanwhile) and it works as follows:
1.) select a text (you may press control when selecting) with the left mouse button
2.) hold CTRL and select a different portion with the left mouse button

Works as expected here...?!
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ