Author Topic: The 16 January 2010 build (6088) is out.  (Read 181567 times)

Offline critic

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: The 16 January 2010 build (6088) is out.
« Reply #105 on: February 05, 2010, 10:16:52 am »
I compare 8.02 and current nightly build.
This is a completely different base. we have switched from wxFlatNotebook to wxAuiNotebook and there is no way back. The behaviour concerning ordering is already considered and a patch is being tested. The colouring depends on your system fonts - mine just looks fine.

Anyway, sometimes (not always) Ctrl+Tab doesn't work correctly - required file in the popup list is selected, but when I release buttons it opens another tab.

It is not systematic bug, but it exists.

And else, it was very useful to switch between 2 last tabs by Ctrl+Tab. Now it is not possible.  :cry:

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #106 on: February 05, 2010, 11:21:28 am »
And else, it was very useful to switch between 2 last tabs by Ctrl+Tab. Now it is not possible.  :cry:

Do you mean jumping from the first tab to the last or vice-versa (wrapping) ?

If yes this should work in the next nightly, see this thread for details: http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,11519.msg78453.html#msg78453 .

Offline critic

« Reply #107 on: February 08, 2010, 07:37:32 am »

Do you mean jumping from the first tab to the last or vice-versa (wrapping) ?

If yes this should work in the next nightly, see this thread for details: http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,11519.msg78453.html#msg78453 .

No. Tabs order does not matter. But when I work with only 2 tabs (though I have more tabs opened at this moment) for some time I need to switch between them very quickly.
Let's make condition:
  • first of these 2 tabs is A
  • second is B
  • current active tab is A
  • previous active tab is B

In older versions of C::B first keypress of Ctrl+Tab switches to the previous active tab, i.e. to B. The next keypress of Ctrl+Tab switches to A. And so on. If I press Tab more then 1 time without releasing Ctrl I can activate other tabs.

My English is not good. That's why explanation is so long. Sorry.  :oops:

Offline critic

« Reply #108 on: February 08, 2010, 12:30:42 pm »
If my explanation is not clear enough here some additional information: popup list of tabs contains items ordered by last time of their's active state (current active tab is on the top of this list).
Ctrl+Tab popups this list and selects the second item if it exists. So, the first and the second items trade places.
Can you make the same behaviour in new component `wxAuiNotebook` or make this variant as option of behaviour?

jp971

« Reply #109 on: February 10, 2010, 02:35:52 am »
Get quick announcements through the RSS feed http://www.codeblocks.org/nightly/CodeBlock_RSS.xml

Before you use a nightly make sure you understand how it works.

A link to the unicode windows wxWidget dll for Code::Blocks : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/wxmsw28u_gcc_cb_wx2810.7z

For those who might need this one (when no MingW installed on your system) : the mingw10m.dll : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/mingwm10_gcc421.7z

The 16 January 2010 build is out.
  - Windows :
   http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/CB_20100116_rev6088_win32.7z
  - Linux :
   none

Resolved Fixed:

• CC: added missing replace to initialisation
  • CC: allow using a non-alphanumeric replace token
  • CC applying patch by OllyDbg to handle template arguments better
  • CC: made parsing while typing ("real time parse") an option as it slows down the IDE massively for large projects
  • CC: remove some crash candidates
  • wx-2.9 migration: Build fixes for HexEditor.cpp
  • compiler: applied patch #2897: PrependDir() can be used for single directory only
  • compiler: applied patch #2877: CompilerOptionsDlg acesses tabs that don't exist
  • compiler: LCC compiler supports new registry key for auto-detection
  • applied (modified) patch #2861: New sharedlib project - choose between c and c++
  • fixed a bug with accelerator being used twice (thanks daniloz)
  • CC: fixed bug with skipping to wrong character (thanks OllyDbg)
  • CC: fixed bug with enabling parse while typing (thanks blueshake)
  • allow macros in default code

Regressions/Confirmed/Annoying/Common bugs:

Offline Seronis

• Almost regular
    « Reply #110 on: February 10, 2010, 04:33:27 am »
    @jp971,  any point to that quote ?

Edy

« Reply #111 on: February 10, 2010, 12:16:28 pm »
    If my explanation is not clear enough here some additional information: popup list of tabs contains items ordered by last time of their's active state (current active tab is on the top of this list).
    Ctrl+Tab popups this list and selects the second item if it exists. So, the first and the second items trade places.
    Can you make the same behaviour in new component `wxAuiNotebook` or make this variant as option of behaviour?

You mean the Visual Studio-style for switching tabs. I'm sorry, but I strongly dislike that method: you never know how many Ctrl+Tab presses you need for switching to a tab that is two positions ahead, or even the contiguous one - it depends on the tabs you have been on previously. And I don't want to stop my work for reading a pop-up list in order to just switch to the tab two positions ahead.

I usually work at the same time in more than two tabs. Working in Visual Studio really pisses me off because each time I need to switch to another tab, I must either stop my workflow to read the pop-up list and locate the target tab, or start pressing Ctrl-Tab two times, then three, four and so on until I reach the desired tab.

So I really like the current C::B style of switching tabs in the same order as they are seen: if I want to go to the tab two positions ahead, simply two fast Ctrl-Tab and I'm there. Return to the previous tab is two fast Ctrl-Shift-Tab, and ready to continue. If I'm working on two or more tabs frequently, then I move them to closer positions. But the point is that I only need a quick look at the tabs to quickly move to any of them.

Offline critic

« Reply #112 on: February 10, 2010, 12:46:09 pm »
    To @Edy
    Going to another tab without mouse don't require a list. List is required to find item by name. In your case you need just 2 shortcuts to switch between tabs in 2 opposite directions.
    As for Visual Studio tabs switching style - in eclipse this made as I described before.
    In this case will be great to have an option or another additional popup list to the existent one. And shortcuts each user can configure himself.
    The problem is that I used such behaviour and it disappears in latest nightlies. It's bad for me. :(

Offline critic

« Reply #113 on: February 10, 2010, 12:59:22 pm »
    `Toolbar drag crash` appears again, isn't it  :?: (win xp)

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
    • Lives here!
    • OpenCV and Robotics
      • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
    « Reply #114 on: February 10, 2010, 01:15:31 pm »
    `Toolbar drag crash` appears again, isn't it  :?: (win xp)
    It is a wxWidgets bug, and can be fixed by this post:
    Re: The 13 April 2009 build (5535) is out.
    If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
    If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
    If they happened together, then turn them to classes.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
    • Lives here!
      • Travis build status
    « Reply #115 on: February 10, 2010, 01:18:01 pm »
    And shortcuts each user can configure himself.
    Keybinder plugin should do that job?
    (most of the time I ignore long posts)
    [strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline critic

« Reply #116 on: February 11, 2010, 05:57:00 am »
    @oBFusCATed
    About that I just told. Required only additional feature which was earlier in C::B (popup list of tabs with sorting by time of last activity).

@ollydbg
    Thanks. It's very useful.

Offline loopcoder

• Single posting newcomer
    Caret disappears from time to time
    « Reply #117 on: February 11, 2010, 11:01:20 pm »
    Hi everyone,

I'm using C::B on an old Windows2000 box (yes, something like that still exists....) and I really love to work with it - it's so slim and fast. A big THANK YOU SO MUCH to all contributers!  :D

Lately I'm switched from the 8.02 stable version to the the latest build [6088], which is even a way better (and surely prettier) then the stable version.
    But one small bug annoys me in the editor: After deleting whole lines (Ctrl-L) the caret (that blinking cursor mark) disappears. It's shown again when you move the cursor or do some typing. It's only from time to time, mostly in more "complicated" syntax structures, and I didn't managed to reproduce it.

Hmm. Does anybody else had seen similar behaviour? Maybe a scintilla bug?   

Offline loopcoder

Re: Caret disappears from time to time + C::B crashs
    « Reply #118 on: February 11, 2010, 11:44:56 pm »
    After deleting whole lines (Ctrl-L) the caret (that blinking cursor mark) disappears. It's shown again when you move the cursor or do some typing. It's only from time to time, mostly in more "complicated" syntax structures, and I didn't managed to reproduce it.

I found a way to reproduce a related error (not the same situation, but same behavior):

- open a C++ source file
    - type something which is enclosed in curly brackets, like:

{
       foobar;
    }

bug1: sometimes the folding line (left margin) is not shown

- place the caret inside the brackets (on the "foobar" line) and close the {}-fold

bug2: caret disappears   

- use the cursor keys, so that the caret will be shown again
    - now delete the line with the fold (ctrl-L)

bug3: caret disappears again, nor any text which is typed now will be shown. Characters are written to the text buffer though. When moving the cursor around, the caret and the "hidden" text appears.

bug4:
    When you do the whole thing in a new source file and place the fold on the very first line, C::B will crash when deleting that closed fold!

greetings...

Offline loopcoder

Re: Caret disappears from time to time + C::B crashs
    « Reply #119 on: February 12, 2010, 12:12:30 am »

- place the caret inside the brackets (on the "foobar" line) and close the {}-fold

bug2: caret disappears  

- use the cursor keys, so that the caret will be shown again
    - now delete the line with the fold (ctrl-L)

bug3: caret disappears again, nor any text which is typed now will be shown. Characters are written to the text buffer though. When moving the cursor around, the caret and the "hidden" text appears.

...probably a Scintilla bug. Bug1 and bug2 can also be found in SciTE 2.02 for example.

Bug3 is a bit different here: If you delete a fold, only the opening bracket is deleted, and the fold is opened again. And SciTE does not crash, if the deleted fold is in the first line (bug4) .

But there are other strange things in SciTE: moving the cursor outside a closed fold sometimes had the effects described above (no caret, no text shown) as well.

So I guess, the folding feature in Scintilla is still/again a bit buggy. Or is it just my system configuration?

geetings

« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 12:15:52 am by loopcoder »