Author Topic: The 13 April 2009 build (5535) is out.  (Read 102208 times)

Offline Grom

• Almost regular
Re: The 13 April 2009 build (5535) is out.
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2009, 02:28:47 am »
The you have to introduce the new official release. No commits means that all annoying bugs were fixed. Just put the latest build as Code::Blocks 9.5.
gcc+winXP+suse.

Offline geiermeier

• Multiple posting newcomer
Random Crashes
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2009, 08:42:00 am »
I don't know if it started with this nightly, but during the last weeks, I've been experiencing more frequent crashes of CB. It's about five crashes per day, while some months ago I estimate this to be like 2-3 crashes a week.

Unfortunately I can't realy make out a trigger. It's sometimes happening right after start before having loaded a project (the most recent crash). Sometimes CB crashes while I'm only editing a file.

I'm wondering if other people are having this problem, too. The crashes are really starting to annoy me. I'll try to note down under which circumstances the crashes happen. Will the information from the Windows crash dialog provide any useful information? I'll save them if they do.

I'm running CB under XP, btw.

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
    • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
Re: Random Crashes
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2009, 10:38:49 am »
I don't know if it started with this nightly, but during the last weeks, I've been experiencing more frequent crashes of CB. It's about five crashes per day, while some months ago I estimate this to be like 2-3 crashes a week.

Unfortunately I can't realy make out a trigger. It's sometimes happening right after start before having loaded a project (the most recent crash). Sometimes CB crashes while I'm only editing a file.

I'm wondering if other people are having this problem, too. The crashes are really starting to annoy me. I'll try to note down under which circumstances the crashes happen. Will the information from the Windows crash dialog provide any useful information? I'll save them if they do.

I'm running CB under XP, btw.

Works quite well in my XP.
I heard that there is a dump file generated when CB crashes, Maybe, they are useful to locate the crash point.
If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
If they happened together, then turn them to classes.

Offline geiermeier

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2009, 12:09:55 pm »
I've found the file. Looks promising, though it tought me that I was exaggerating a bit. ;)

I've attached the report file.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Grom

• Almost regular
« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2009, 07:45:27 am »
We have to remember that Qt Creator was presented... Code::Blocks must have new version as soon as possible (non nightly build, the new version! ) or it will be dead.
gcc+winXP+suse.

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2009, 03:04:02 pm »
If Grom had not been saying the Code::Blocks is dead for over 3 years, I might be worried :)
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

catzilla

« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2010, 06:02:55 am »
Sorry to dig up such an old topic, but I found this via google.
I tried installing the latest codeblocks from source on a fresh install of SuSE 11.2 today, but it failed with the error in this post.
The patch provided in the same message, however, made everything compile correctly.
I had to add /usr/local/bin to /etc/ld.so.conf, however.

I don't know if anybody needs my opinion, however I find it weird that nobody corrected that bug in the source since May 2009.

EDIT:
Uh, my mistake, I failed to notice that the source code is from 2 Mar 2008. Wonder why it doesn't get updated though...
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 06:05:13 am by catzilla »

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2010, 06:34:30 am »
Because of this:
I can not reproduce this error, neither when buidling from cbp-file, nor with make.
None of us devs can reproduce. You have to agree that it is a risk to "fix" something that you can't reproduce. That's why nothing happens. But that nothing happens is safe in this case.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline Biplab

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Biplab's Blog
« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2010, 09:40:17 am »
I tried installing the latest codeblocks from source on a fresh install of SuSE 11.2 today, but it failed with the error in this post.
The patch provided in the same message, however, made everything compile correctly.
I had to add /usr/local/bin to /etc/ld.so.conf, however.

I don't know if anybody needs my opinion, however I find it weird that nobody corrected that bug in the source since May 2009.

EDIT:
Uh, my mistake, I failed to notice that the source code is from 2 Mar 2008. Wonder why it doesn't get updated though...

As Morten said, we couldn't reproduce this bug. However a fix in this regard was committed in revision 5613. Please download latest code from trunk and post your feedback. If possible please post exact command line output containing compiler flags used in compiling.
Be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem.