Author Topic: About Codeblocks Functions  (Read 7881 times)

Offline erencan144

• Single posting newcomer
About Codeblocks Functions
« on: December 20, 2009, 04:46:49 pm »
Hello. First of all, my english isn't well, I apologize for it. In C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\MinGW\include folder, there is a file named "string.h". And it includes all names of string functions, for example; strcmp,strcpy,strlen... I want to know how i can  access the original codes of these functions. For example I want to access codes of strcmp function. I couldn't find in codeblocks folder this, but codeblocks folder must include codes of these functions. Also there are files extension .a, and i think it can includes these codes, but i couldn't open these files. If you help me, i will be reall happy. Hava a good day.

zabzonk

Re: About Codeblocks Functions
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2009, 05:05:15 pm »
This is not a Code::Blocks question. Those functions are part of the GCC  compiler's library, that Code::Blocks uses by default. The library is compiled code, and does not include the source. If you reall need the source (I suspect you don't - what do you intend to do with it?) for the library, go to the GCC website at http://gcc.gnu.org/ or if you are using the Windows version at http://www.mingw.org/
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 05:07:52 pm by zabzonk »

Offline erencan144

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2009, 06:13:49 pm »
Thank you for your answer. I need these codes because I have homework abou it. my homework is writing string functions manually. For example char * mystrchr(const char * from, char c){}...  So i don't have bad intention :D Have a nice day.

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2009, 07:49:57 pm »
Note that this is not a beginners programming forum, not even a forum dedicated to programming in general, so your post violates our forum rules.

Only questions related to C::B are allowed, so the topic gets locked.