Author Topic: RC 2  (Read 10176 times)

Offline Vampyre_Dark

• Regular
  • Hello!
    • Somewhere Over The Rainbow...
RC 2
« on: October 25, 2005, 10:19:02 pm »
In Win2K the icons on the bottom messages pane tabs are not transparent. The black is showing.

The code folder now puts a folding icon besides every opening brace? I thought it only folded whole functions?

Workspace view opens every project tree up on a new session, instead of leaving them how they were left.

The grey background on the read only files really has to change. Unless I'm missng it the setting for it? The whole colour setup still assumes you are working on the default white background all the time.

I can open files from explorer just by clicking on them now! Still can't drag them into the editor, but they can be dragged into the message pane.

The work that has gone into here is apparent though. The help file plugin is great. I just wish I could browse for the help file instead of typing in the path with about 300 characters in it. :lol: This will certainly ease the pain of having to stop and hunt down my platform sdk and dx help files!

C::B Wishlist
~BOYCOTT THE EVIL YELLOW BOXES~

Offline Vampyre_Dark

• Regular
  • Hello!
Re: RC 2
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2005, 10:25:22 pm »
The help file plugin is great. I just wish I could browse for the help file instead of typing in the path with about 300 characters in it. :lol: This will certainly ease the pain of having to stop and hunt down my platform sdk and dx help files!
  :oops: LOL, nm that.

Offline Vampyre_Dark

• Regular
  • Hello!
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2005, 05:56:23 am »
The help file plugin is great. I just wish I could browse for the help file instead of typing in the path with about 300 characters in it. :lol: This will certainly ease the pain of having to stop and hunt down my platform sdk and dx help files!
  :oops: LOL, nm that.
Actually. The PSDK doesn't have a help file I can point to, it uses a command:

"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\help\dexplore.exe" /helpcol ms-help://MS.PSDKSVR2003SP1.1033

That's awful^^^, but I don't open it up most of the time. I type the function in the firefox google bar and look it up on MSDN. :oops:

I think these extra paths need to be added by default when auto installing the VC++Toolkit during Code::Blocks setup. I have to add them all the time manually, and so does everyone else using the compiler, so they might as well be default?

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK\Include
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK\Lib
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK\Bin <-- 'Extra path' Needed for RC.exe to work.

takeshimiya

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2005, 06:16:40 am »
It would be great if the Compiler plugin can auto-detect (or search in the disk) where the libraries/includes are located, and where the compilers are located.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2005, 06:18:29 am by takeshimiya »

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2005, 09:20:02 am »
I think these extra paths need to be added by default when auto installing the VC++Toolkit during Code::Blocks setup. I have to add them all the time manually, and so does everyone else using the compiler, so they might as well be default?

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK\Include
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK\Lib
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK\Bin <-- 'Extra path' Needed for RC.exe to work.

They are added if found.
Just click "Auto-detect" for the VC toolkit in the compiler options.
It even adds the path to "Debugging Tools for Windows", if it's found ;)
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Offline Vampyre_Dark

• Regular
  • Hello!
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2005, 09:29:57 am »
Just noticed that I can set a default background color and it works across the board!  :o No more white blocks on the brace matching.

++code::blocks;

Offline Vampyre_Dark

• Regular
  • Hello!
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2005, 04:28:01 pm »
No more white blocks on the brace matching.
Spoke too soon. I have found an issue with it. When loading a file that is read-only, and going back to the regular c/c++ file, the background on these will turn to grey. Or if another file is loaded that uses white as a background, the colour will turn to white.  :(

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2005, 06:53:30 pm »
Well, I noticed that on read-only files, the background would turn to grey. I thought it was normal, but on a second thought... it shouldn't be that way, should it?

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2005, 07:02:00 pm »
I think it is a very useful visual clue - you don't have to get angry because editing won't work.
Since most SCM systems use write protection when you need to acquire a lock, for example, this is a good reminder.
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

Offline Vampyre_Dark

• Regular
  • Hello!
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2005, 02:08:29 pm »
I think it is a very useful visual clue - you don't have to get angry because editing won't work.
Since most SCM systems use write protection when you need to acquire a lock, for example, this is a good reminder.

No argument about a different colour for the background on read only files. But a lot of things are hardcoded into C::B and they turn into a pain in the ass when you aren't using the program the same way. I load a lot of readonly files into C::B, and I end up having to copy them into a folder and making those copies non read only so C::B doesn't blind me.

I made a file and I gave it a typo-ed extension instead of .h last night, and for the rest of the session, I had white backgrounds behind all my braces. And then if I did load a read only file, I had a grey background.  :o

Just a small annoyance when I load a read-only by mistake and I have to shutdown and restart. Something I've wondered is why the background changes to red when I have a > or ( symbol typed? I was using some STL streams, and everytime I typed a line I got some red flashes using the << and >> operators. :lol:

Offline Vampyre_Dark

• Regular
  • Hello!
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2005, 05:09:54 pm »
I'm seeing the bracket white background colour pop up more and more as I create new projects, close old ones, or create new files.  :shock: I keep having to exit the program to get back the proper editor background under the bracket highlights.