Author Topic: Why Browse Tracker can't work perfectly?  (Read 4380 times)

Offline waterlin

• Single posting newcomer
Why Browse Tracker can't work perfectly?
« on: December 16, 2009, 05:10:21 am »
I need to jump between my code, so I installed Browse Tracker to enable this. According to wiki:
----------------------
It uses the Alt-Left and Alt-Right command keys to move through the editor stack in the order in which they were activated.

It uses the Alt-Up and Alt-Down keys to navigate to recently marked editor positions.
----------------------

The Alt-up and Alt-down keys work correctly most time, it can jump between my marks. But after I press Alt-Left or Alt-right, Code::Blocks will prompt a dialog and let me choose "Browse Tabs".

If a choose a different file as my current editing file, it will jump back to the last position I were.

But if I choose my current editing file, it will do nothing. So I can't jump back to the last position I were in current file.

I don't know if it is a bug? Or my configuration is wrong?

Thanks

Water Lin

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
Re: Why Browse Tracker can't work perfectly?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2009, 02:49:31 pm »
Which OS are you running?
What version of CodeBlocks?

Tell us the exact step-by-step to get BrowseTracker to fail.

Offline waterlin

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009, 04:11:58 am »
My OS is Ubuntu 9.10 and my Code::Blocks are 8.02. And the version of Browse Tracker is 1.2.73 2008/02/27.

I don't know if I understand Browse Tracker wrong. But when I use Alt-left, I can just jump between files. Why can't Browse Tracker jump in the same file.

So in the same file, I can just use marks to support the jump. But it is not very convenience to jump in the same file.

Offline blueshake

• Regular
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2009, 04:32:50 am »
My OS is Ubuntu 9.10 and my Code::Blocks are 8.02. And the version of Browse Tracker is 1.2.73 2008/02/27.

I don't know if I understand Browse Tracker wrong. But when I use Alt-left, I can just jump between files. Why can't Browse Tracker jump in the same file.

So in the same file, I can just use marks to support the jump. But it is not very convenience to jump in the same file.

try the nightly build ,please.
Keep low and hear the sadness of little dog.
I fall in love with a girl,but I don't dare to tell her.What should I do?

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2009, 02:46:52 pm »
try the nightly build ,please.

Yes, the nightly build has a better "jump" mechanism.

However, you can jump within the same file with your current version by setting BrowseMarks.

Read:
http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=BrowseTracker_plugin

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
    • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2010, 07:48:46 am »
@pecan

I found the "jump" mechanism has a little bug. For example, I'm in "token.cpp", and mouse right click on a function, then select "go to implementation of xxx", then it will jump to another file, say “token.h" ,line 200.

But, When I use the "jump back" command, it just firstly jump back to the first line of "token.h". Now, I use the "jump back" command again, the edit position returned to the "token.cpp" again.

So, my question is: Is it possible to remove the "jump to the first line of token.h", we don't want that position to be recorded.

BTW: I'm using Windows XP, wxWidgets 2.8.11, latest SVN build.

thanks
If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
If they happened together, then turn them to classes.

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2010, 03:13:39 pm »
Line one position is reported by cbEditor on the first open of the file when the .layout file had no alternative position to report.

I'll look into it.

regards,
pecan