Author Topic: Code::Blocks Themes  (Read 10876 times)

Dotmister

Code::Blocks Themes
« on: December 27, 2009, 08:08:48 pm »
I've seen many people use Code::Blocks for the first time and the first thing they do is add their new theme. Many people add the Visual Basic thing, Dev-C++ theme and I'm sure theres loads of other themes. These themes can't take up much disk space, so why can't Code::Blocks just include many different themes by default? This would ease the transition to this great IDE :)

I'm sure users would happily upload their theme for adding to the SVN.

I think having to download a "themes pack" screams of 2000-2002 so could this sort of thing just be included in the normal releases? Is there really a massive reason not to do this?

LordSputnik

Re: Code::Blocks Themes
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2009, 08:14:48 pm »
I have to say, I've been thinking about this a while now, and when I recently moved to Windows 7 and needed to change the theme again, a common theme pack would've been great. I hope this gets in somewhere! :)

Dotmister

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2009, 08:15:44 pm »
Ok, maybe I would be happy with a theme pack :p but I'd prefer it included by default

Offline Svenstaro

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2010, 03:51:22 pm »
I concur, having more default themes would be a good idea. As long as you have some themes, can you make a patch and submit it? It should be easy to add.

fqp19852003

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2010, 03:51:29 pm »
I love this idea.
if it can not contain so much themes for the concern of being huge size,
just leave a pack for us to choose to install or not, i think it is also a good idea.
Anyway, an internet hyperlink http://xxx to download themes patch is a choice too.
sigh..change a theme is a time-cost job, if i want to try some different themes, it's a nightmare.  :x