Author Topic: Editor Tweaks plugin  (Read 33694 times)

Offline Kalith

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: Editor Tweaks plugin
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2012, 11:51:41 am »
I don't know if this is related, but the current nightly build doesn't really remember my setting for this particular feature.
The value is correctly saved (for example if I choose "None", then "Settings -> Editor -> EditorTweaks settings -> Editor caret buffer" correctly shows "None" after restarting C::B), but not properly restored : after a fresh restart of C::B, the plugin behaves as if "Center carret" was selected. I have to change the setting to some other value, and change it back to "None" for it to be disabled correctly.

Offline Alpha

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2012, 09:15:19 pm »
I don't know if this is related, but the current nightly build doesn't really remember my setting for this particular feature.
[...]

I'm just downloaded RC2 vesrion, and I noticed, that when I'm putting new charcters or delete them from to top most or bottom lines in current view in editor, whole tekst scrolls in direction to achive active line as close to middle as it can be. It happens every typed key in the new opened file. It may stop for a while but it comes back in non determistic moment ;)
As a warning, the annoyance may have been removed, but the position buffering settings are not loaded until the settings window is opened (at least once) due to a missing initialization.
Done in trunk.
Sorry, RC2 is rev 8598, but the missing initialization was fixed in rev 8599 (fix arrived one commit too late :().  This means that in RC2, this one setting (for buffering the caret position in the editor) is a random number at startup, and only reads your config when the editor settings window is opened.
You may want to disable the EditorTweaks plugin until you either create your own build from the trunk, or the next RC is released.

RC2 does remember your settings, it just does not read the config file until the editor settings window is open (this bug is already fixed in the trunk).

Offline Kalith

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2012, 11:05:54 pm »
Nice, thank you :)