Author Topic: setting up project with multiple wxwidget builds  (Read 2850 times)

jesseb07

setting up project with multiple wxwidget builds
« on: December 18, 2009, 03:19:37 am »
hello, I'm trying to set up a new wxwidgets project (all of that is installed and such) but I'm running into trouble with the project set up wizard.  It asked me to locate the wxWidgets directory (with the "include" and "lib" in it), so I selected "C:\wxWidgets-2.8.10", which is the base directory for all that.  Before this, I had made 2 builds of wxWidgets -- a debug and a release and, per recommendations on the instructions, created their own folders inside the base directory (C:\wxWidgets-2.8.10\msw-debug and C:\wxWidgets-2.8.10\msw-release respectively). 

Now, inside the wizard, when I try to select the options for my debug build (unicode), it says it can't find a matching build for that inside the wxwidgets directory.  I double checked with wx-config --list to make sure that my options were correct (msw-unicode-debug-static-2.8) and it seemed they were. 

So, is there some reason I can't specify where the debug build is located specifically, since it looks like CodeBlocks doesn't search recursively for it.  Or, is there some way where I can have multiple builds' files located in the base directory without them clashing (since inside of debug and release there's common file and folder names)

By the way I'm using Windows, wxWidgets 2.8.10, and CodeBlocks 8.02

I did search the net and the wikis, but I couldn't find anything pertaining to this. Thanks!

~J

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: setting up project with multiple wxwidget builds
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 06:58:18 am »
If you build wxWidgets as described here and here, it works with the wizard.
The wizard on windows does not use wx-config, because it's not a standard for windows.
You can change the build-options to use wx-config after creation, but it's more easy to use the default wxWidgets layout, where the debug and non-debugs reside in the same folder. wxWidgets names them differently depending of the configuration.

jesseb07

Re: setting up project with multiple wxwidget builds
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2009, 03:46:27 am »
Thanks! that worked great, I'd never seen that way of building wxWidgets before, but this is also the first time I've built it in windows.  Thanks again!

~J