Author Topic: Linker /DEBUG option with MSVC++  (Read 3143 times)

Offline johne53

• Regular
Linker /DEBUG option with MSVC++
« on: November 23, 2009, 06:56:44 pm »
I'm compiling a workspace that contains several projects. They all compile under VC++2005. For ages, something has been adding the option /DEBUG to the debug linker options for my C::B project. I keep removing it because when I build the project, VC++ tells me it's an unrecognised option. But next time I open the project, it's back again!! I can't believe that C::B would be doing this but I can't think of anything else that would keep editing a C::B project. Has anyone else ever noticed this?

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Linker /DEBUG option with MSVC++
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 06:41:15 am »
Has anyone else ever noticed this?
C::B does never-ever automatically adds such option(s). It can only happen if (e.g.) you are running a wizard (but then one time only) or if you are using build scripts.

So:
Check the compiler options, if you have such an options there (Compiler settings -> tab "compiler options" AND tab "other options")
Check the project options (at project level) if you have such an option there (Compiler settings -> tab "compiler options" AND tab "other options")
Check the project options (at target level) if you have such an option there (Compiler settings -> tab "compiler options" AND tab "other options")
Check you dont have any build scripts attached at project level (project properties -> tab build scripts)
Check you dont have any build scripts attached at target level (project properties -> tab build scripts)

If in doubt, post the project file and I can pinpoint exactly where that option comes from. (The project file is enough, you don't need to post any sources.)
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ