Author Topic: Is that possible to add go foward/backward function?  (Read 10151 times)

Offline ilcvm

• Single posting newcomer
Is that possible to add go foward/backward function?
« on: October 29, 2009, 05:38:34 am »
Hello. I selected CB as my main develop IDE for project on AVR, ARM and win32 months ago. In these months CB satifsfied most of my need. But only one thing make me feel a little not so convenience is that CB lacks of the function to go forward or backward when I jump to the define of variables and functions.

This is a normal function exist in most IDE I used before. So it make me a little hard to adapt it. If this function could be add, I think it will make the user of other IDE more willing to switch to CB.

mariocup

Re: Is that possible to add go foward/backward function?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 09:56:08 am »
Hi ilcvm,

the BrowseTracker Plugin provides this functionality in CB. Excerpt of the CB manual.

Code
A common procedure when developing software is to struggle with a set of functions which are implemented in different files. The BrowseTracks plug-in will help you solve this problem by showing you the order in which the files were selected. You can then comfortably navigate the function calls. 

See the section 2.8 in the CB documentation for details (http://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html).

Perhaps you will discover other interesting features of Code::Blocks in the manual.

Offline mmkider

• Almost regular
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2009, 10:56:00 am »
Hello. I selected CB as my main develop IDE for project on AVR, ARM and win32 months ago. In these months CB satifsfied most of my need. But only one thing make me feel a little not so convenience is that CB lacks of the function to go forward or backward when I jump to the define of variables and functions.

This is a normal function exist in most IDE I used before. So it make me a little hard to adapt it. If this function could be add, I think it will make the user of other IDE more willing to switch to CB.

See this plugin, it's very easy to use.
But I don't provide binary dll, only source.
http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,9886.0.html

zabzonk

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2009, 11:42:52 am »
> the BrowseTracker Plugin provides this functionality in CB

I think the OP was wanting functionality similar to the "back" button in a Web browser (and if he wasn't, I'd certainly like it!)  which the BrowseTracker Plugin does not (I think) provide.

Offline blueshake

• Regular
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2009, 12:26:37 pm »
ollydeg had made some change for mmkider's browsertrackertracebar.see the addresshttp://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,10919.msg75543.html#msg75543
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 02:47:12 pm by blueshake »
Keep low and hear the sadness of little dog.
I fall in love with a girl,but I don't dare to tell her.What should I do?

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2009, 03:36:57 pm »

I think the OP was wanting functionality similar to the "back" button in a Web browser (and if he wasn't, I'd certainly like it!)  which the BrowseTracker Plugin does not (I think) provide.

I will try to provide this functionality sometime in the near future.

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
    • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2009, 03:59:26 pm »

I think it is really easy to add this functionality to browserTracker plugin. Just add a cbEVT_EDITOR_UPDATE_UI handler, and record the caret location automatically.

I have read mmkider's source code, he use a list container to record both bookmarks and navigate locations.
If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
If they happened together, then turn them to classes.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2009, 04:18:56 pm »

This is a great news:)
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline mmkider

• Almost regular
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2009, 02:36:23 am »

I think the OP was wanting functionality similar to the "back" button in a Web browser (and if he wasn't, I'd certainly like it!)  which the BrowseTracker Plugin does not (I think) provide.

I think it is really easy to add this functionality to browserTracker plugin. Just add a cbEVT_EDITOR_UPDATE_UI handler, and record the caret location automatically.

I have read mmkider's source code, he use a list container to record both bookmarks and navigate locations.

Ya, I use List and timer to iimplement navigate .
If not use timer, I think maybe to catch caret changed location event to record navigate location.

At that time, I know I need this feature.
So I quickly and easily generate this plug-in. :lol:

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2009, 02:42:44 am »
@mmkider
In my system, I just disable the "browser plugin", and use my modified Tracebar plugin. Because I think auto-record navigate location is more useful than a manually added navigate location.
If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).

Offline ilcvm

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2009, 09:06:58 am »

I have downloaded the source from the link and complied it. But CB svn 5859 failed to load the plugin at startup.

I build a test plugin made by the CB 5859 plugin wizard. And this fail, too.

I used mingw32-4.2.1, wxWidgets-2.8.10 to build the source of CB svn 5857(I can't find 5859 in svn server) and plugins. The CB I complied myself can load the plugin I builded successfully but not other plugins I copied from the nightly build 5859.

Could someone estimate the errors I may have made in building? How to make the plugins I build can work with the nightly build release by the forum?

Thanks very much.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 09:09:37 am by ilcvm »

Offline mmkider

• Almost regular
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2009, 10:02:54 am »

I have downloaded the source from the link and complied it. But CB svn 5859 failed to load the plugin at startup.

I used mingw32-4.2.1, wxWidgets-2.8.10 to build the source of CB svn 5857(I can't find 5859 in svn server) and plugins. The CB I complied myself can load the plugin I builded successfully but not other plugins I copied from the nightly build 5859.

Could someone estimate the errors I may have made in building? How to make the plugins I build can work with the nightly build release by the forum?

Thanks very much.

Do you have  copy tracebar.zip into .\CodeBlocks\ directory and copy tracebar.dll into .\codeblocks\plugins\ directory  ?

Offline ilcvm

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2009, 10:19:48 am »

Thanks very much.

Do you have  copy tracebar.zip into .\CodeBlocks\ directory and copy tracebar.dll into .\codeblocks\plugins\ directory  ?

Yes, I did. A warning message showed up when CB start up which noted that the plugin loaded failed.

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2009, 05:06:16 pm »
@ilcvm
The requested function has already in the BrowseTracker 1.2.84 2009/11/7. So, it seems mmkider's plugin isn't needed. :D
You can both test the nightly build or the trunk code.

You should add the short-cut key for "jump forward" and "jump backward".
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 10:04:25 am by ollydbg »

Offline ilcvm

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2009, 09:14:46 am »
@ilcvm
The requested function has already in the BrowseTracker 1.2.84 2009/11/7. So, it seems mmkider's plugin is don't needed. :D
You can both test the nightly build or the trunk code.

You should add the short-cut key for "jump forward" and "jump backward".

Thanks for reminding me. I have already tried this new function from SVN5900. This function is great. It make CB  much more convenience to me.

Many thanks to the hard work of all the developers of CB.