Author Topic: Debugger hangs with Ogre projects  (Read 5021 times)

Offline shador

• Single posting newcomer
Debugger hangs with Ogre projects
« on: October 23, 2009, 12:43:18 pm »
I have been using Codeblocks on my Ubuntu installation (9.04) and have been coding some stuff with the 3D engine Ogre. Everything worked fine until I tried using the debug feature. For some reason when I debug an Ogre project everything just hangs, I canät use the mouse and no button work either. The only thing I can do is press ctrl+alt+f1 to switch to terminal mode and kill my current session.

I tried debugging a regular terminal applikation and that worked perfectly. I also tried creating several new Ogre projects but they all react the same.

So anyone got a suggestions on what I could do to get the debugger working with my projects? I really miss the debugger =P

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Debugger hangs with Ogre projects
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 01:04:23 pm »
Compiler/ debugger version?
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline shador

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2009, 02:21:44 pm »
Hmm good question! The compiler is the one from the repositories in the Ubuntu synaptic, version 4.3

The debugger I don't know. How do I check that one? I'm using the debugger that came with Codeblocks 8.02

EDIT: Just saw that the debugger is gnu gdb 6.8-debian!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 02:26:53 pm by shador »

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2009, 03:37:29 pm »
You get the standard answer: try a nightly :)
You could also try the debugger branch.

Another thing is to enable the debug log for the debugger from settings -> compiler & debugger -> debugger -> Display debugger's log
And paste it here.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline manowar

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2009, 06:05:58 pm »
@shador

Are you using OIS with OGRE ? Are you sure that OIS does not 'grab' the mouse. I have the feeling that your issues are related with input and not Ogre. You can change that easily when you initialise OIS.
I have something like that in my input manager:

Code
#if defined OIS_WIN32_PLATFORM
paramList.insert(std::make_pair(std::string("w32_mouse"), std::string("DISCL_FOREGROUND" )));
paramList.insert(std::make_pair(std::string("w32_mouse"), std::string("DISCL_NONEXCLUSIVE")));
paramList.insert(std::make_pair(std::string("w32_keyboard"), std::string("DISCL_FOREGROUND")));
paramList.insert(std::make_pair(std::string("w32_keyboard"), std::string("DISCL_NONEXCLUSIVE")));
#elif defined OIS_LINUX_PLATFORM
paramList.insert(std::make_pair(std::string("x11_mouse_grab"), std::string("false")));
paramList.insert(std::make_pair(std::string("x11_mouse_hide"), std::string("false")));
paramList.insert(std::make_pair(std::string("x11_keyboard_grab"), std::string("false")));
paramList.insert(std::make_pair(std::string("XAutoRepeatOn"), std::string("true")));
#endif

especialy look at that line:
Code
paramList.insert(std::make_pair(std::string("x11_mouse_grab"), std::string("false")));

I hope this is helpful.

Offline shador

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2009, 03:46:24 pm »
Are you using OIS with OGRE ? Are you sure that OIS does not 'grab' the mouse. I have the feeling that your issues are related with input and not Ogre. You can change that easily when you initialise OIS.
I have something like that in my input manager:

especialy look at that line:
Code

I hope this is helpful.

Yes that was it! Thank you so much for helping me with that. Now everything is working perfectly =)