Author Topic: Initialize library in codeblocks  (Read 16121 times)

Offline fiko

• Single posting newcomer
Initialize library in codeblocks
« on: October 11, 2009, 06:59:19 pm »
Hi
I wants to initialize the library NTL in codeblocks. I have checked this link http://www.shoup.net/ntl/doc/tour-win.html , but I do not understand where a shall place the files.
I have tried build options, but still getting the error: ""No such file or directory" when I compile.  :(
Can anybody help me?

Offline koso

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: Initialize library in codeblocks
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2009, 07:30:16 pm »
Initialize = compile?
If you are using MinGW/Cygwin compiler, easier for compilation is probably using UNIX source codes of NTL and standard command line compilation using ./configure and make (mingw32-make) routines.  Whole process is described in ntl documentation.

You did not give enought information ... at least what file or directory is missing would help ... but you probably forgot to set "search paths" in build options  > search directories (In visual studio called "Additional include directories").

Offline fiko

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2009, 09:52:04 pm »
Initialize = compile?
If you are using MinGW/Cygwin compiler, easier for compilation is probably using UNIX source codes of NTL and standard command line compilation using ./configure and make (mingw32-make) routines.  Whole process is described in ntl documentation.

You did not give enought information ... at least what file or directory is missing would help ... but you probably forgot to set "search paths" in build options  > search directories (In visual studio called "Additional include directories").

I`m new i this game so I`am sorry for bad info.

I have downloaded the zip-file from NTLs-homepage and extractet it in the desktop. I thought I needed to extract it somewhere in the codeblock-folder in "program files". Maybe it`s wrong because I don`t know where, and have tried different places, but it didnt work. After that I have heard about the the "build options" like you wrote, but which one shall I use? "Linker settings" let me browse for a file, but no files who I downloaded is accepted. The "Search directories" let me chose the folder I downloaded, but it still not working when I tries to include the library in codeblocks (#include <NTL>?).
I`m new in this game, so maybe i do some basic things that makes error. I`m using codeblocks compiler and windows 7 RC.

Thank you!

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2009, 11:47:57 pm »
Please go to a beginner programming site and learn the basics.

Code::Blocks is an IDE; it IS NOT an compiler!!

Edit: Turning on full compiler logging can help others to help you,

http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ#Q:_How_do_I_troubleshoot_an_compiler_problem.3F

Tim S.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 11:52:11 pm by stahta01 »
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline fiko

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2009, 08:25:17 pm »
OK.

However which compiler I want do use. (I have now installed another compilator (dev-C++)). How do I make it possible to include the NTL-library. Where shall I place the files, or how to include the library?