Author Topic: The 10 October 2009 build (5859) is out.  (Read 148544 times)

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: The 10 October 2009 build (5859) is out.
« Reply #60 on: October 22, 2009, 02:45:31 pm »
Sorting the items only happens if they are displayed, so there is no difference between sort- and display-options.

The sort order is as follows:
Sort by access: 1. sort by scope (public, private, protected ..), 2. sort by kind (function, variable, ...), 3. sort by name (alpabetically)
Sort by kind: 1. sort by kind (function, variable, ...), 2. sort by name (alpabetically)
Sort by alphabetically: 1. sort by name (alpabetically)

The alphabetically sort dif not work correctly in all cases in this nightly.

This issue is fixed in trunk in the meantime, so the next nightly should work as expected, and it has an option to display the items unsorted.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 03:17:50 pm by jens »

Offline Trigve

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #61 on: October 22, 2009, 06:00:55 pm »
Sorting the items only happens if they are displayed, so there is no difference between sort- and display-options.

The sort order is as follows:
Sort by access: 1. sort by scope (public, private, protected ..), 2. sort by kind (function, variable, ...), 3. sort by name (alpabetically)
Sort by kind: 1. sort by kind (function, variable, ...), 2. sort by name (alpabetically)
Sort by alphabetically: 1. sort by name (alpabetically)

The alphabetically sort dif not work correctly in all cases in this nightly.

This issue is fixed in trunk in the meantime, so the next nightly should work as expected, and it has an option to display the items unsorted.

Thanks for reply.
But what about the case if I want to to sort by kind (to get a nice layout of Constructors/Destructors, Functions, Variables, ...) and also want that each section (i.e. Constructors/Destructors) will be sorted by access (i.e. the first will be public, then protected and then private members)?

Thanks

Trigve

JC673

« Reply #62 on: October 24, 2009, 07:30:12 am »
Is there a feature to save the exact layout of the editor?  I prefer dual-pane coding, which headers on one side and source files on another, and right now it's a bit annoying to have to sort the tabs every time I start C::B up.  It saves the tabs, but not the panes.

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #63 on: October 24, 2009, 09:01:59 am »
Is there a feature to save the exact layout of the editor?  I prefer dual-pane coding, which headers on one side and source files on another, and right now it's a bit annoying to have to sort the tabs every time I start C::B up.  It saves the tabs, but not the panes.

No it's not possible due to wxAuibook limitations.

I have a patch that makes it possible to save the order of the tabs, if the user has changed it via drag and drop, but recreating the layout if you have split the editor-pane with drag and rop is not possible at the moment.

Offline cacb

• Lives here!
« Reply #64 on: October 24, 2009, 10:30:22 pm »
I like to sometimes open multiple C:B IDE's and have done so successfully in the past.

But with 5859 when I uncheck the setting under Settings | Environment...
"Allow only one running instance (needs application restart to take effect)"

I am still not able to open more than one IDE, even after application restart. I am on Windows XP.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #65 on: October 24, 2009, 10:49:57 pm »
cacb: There is a checkbox just below the one you've unchecked, uncheck it too (something like "use the already working instance")

(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #66 on: October 24, 2009, 10:57:24 pm »
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 11:51:27 pm by stahta01 »
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline cacb

• Lives here!
« Reply #67 on: October 24, 2009, 11:16:40 pm »
cacb: There is a checkbox just below the one you've unchecked, uncheck it too (something like "use the already working instance")

Thanks  :D, I thought that was about something else  (Dynamic Data Echange).

It works now.

Offline Trigve

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #68 on: October 25, 2009, 12:51:47 pm »
In case you've overlooked my previous question. Would it be possible to sort by kind (to get a nice layout of Constructors/Destructors, Functions, Variables, ...) and also sort each section (i.e. Constructors/Destructors) by access (i.e. the first will be public, then protected and then private members)?

Thanks

Trigve

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #69 on: October 25, 2009, 01:29:46 pm »
In case you've overlooked my previous question. Would it be possible to sort by kind (to get a nice layout of Constructors/Destructors, Functions, Variables, ...) and also sort each section (i.e. Constructors/Destructors) by access (i.e. the first will be public, then protected and then private members)?

Thanks

Trigve

This is the wrong thread to ask for features; so, it is possible you will never get an answer. I suggest search the forums; and if you get no results, Then posting in the closest sub-forum of http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/board,3.0.html to ask "if it is possible" and if you get no as the answer then submit a feature request to Berlios http://developer.berlios.de/feature/?group_id=5358

Note: I have no idea if the feature already exists or not.

Tim S.
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline x3n

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #70 on: October 26, 2009, 03:54:57 pm »
I'm using r5857 from jens debian repository on ubuntu.

The thread search shows me an error message (Error: Failed to open <file>) if <file> is an empty file within the search scope. The normal find in files function works properly. You can reproduce this with "touch /somepath/somefile.c" and setting the search directory to 'somepath'.

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #71 on: October 26, 2009, 04:30:09 pm »

The thread search shows me an error message (Error: Failed to open <file>) if <file> is an empty file within the search scope. The normal find in files function works properly. You can reproduce this with "touch /somepath/somefile.c" and setting the search directory to 'somepath'.

Thanks for reporting this, I fixed this issue in trunk.

It happens also on windows, to avoid this message, you can uncheck "Show error message if file can not be opened" in the ThreadSearch-configuration.

Offline x3n

« Reply #72 on: October 26, 2009, 04:41:49 pm »

Thanks for reporting this, I fixed this issue in trunk.

It happens also on windows, to avoid this message, you can uncheck "Show error message if file can not be opened" in the ThreadSearch-configuration.

Great, thanks.

And by the way, I appreciate your debian repository much. It also helped me to convince some friends to start using codeblocks. ;)

cn2011

« Reply #73 on: October 27, 2009, 03:13:58 am »
Thanks for your hard work!!!  :lol:

Offline phenx

« Reply #74 on: October 28, 2009, 08:52:13 am »
Hey,

here on Ubuntu Karmic I can't execute Code::Blocks. I use the packages from Jenslody. I use wxWidgets 2.8.10.1.

The error message is:
Quote from: bash
kai@Kai-Desktop:~$ codeblocks
codeblocks: relocation error: /usr/lib/libcodeblocks.so.0: symbol _Z18wxSafeConvertWX2MBPKw, version WXU_2.8.2 not defined in file libwx_baseu-2.8.so.0 with link time reference

greetings,
Halan

On Ubuntu 9.10 karmic kaola the error still alive.
I install the package from  jenslody    and pasgui, I also complice from svn ,the error still follow me.  (oh,my poor english).

Thank Yours .  I am newer to CB and English. :D