Author Topic: SpellChecker plugin  (Read 138338 times)

Offline danselmi

• Developer
  • Almost regular
Re: SpellChecker plugin
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2010, 10:09:22 pm »
SpellChecker is has a problem on the second splitted view: After splitting, the misspelled words are underlined with a single straight black line instead of a squiggly red underline. I will take a look at it if I find some time( Laube - some more free time;-)?

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2010, 07:21:55 am »
SpellChecker is has a problem on the second splitted view: After splitting, the misspelled words are underlined with a single straight black line instead of a squiggly red underline. I will take a look at it if I find some time( Laube - some more free time;-)?
If I find time I will look into it also.

Offline ooo7

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2010, 11:09:28 am »
Hello Everybody,

i am new to codeblock. so be gentle!.

I want to get this SpellChecker plugin, hence I got the code from the trunk and I opened the .cbp file via CB.

CodBlock build option is set to VC++ 2005/2008

when I try to build i am getting following error. I am sure I may have miss a step here. so can somebody help me out.

cl : Command line error D8021 : invalid numeric argument '/Winvalid-pch'
cl : Command line error D8021 : invalid numeric argument '/Winvalid-pch'
Process terminated with status 2 (0 minutes, 0 seconds)
0 errors, 0 warnings (0 minutes, 0 seconds)

Process terminated with status 2 (0 minutes, 0 seconds)
0 errors, 0 warnings (0 minutes, 0 seconds)
thanks

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2010, 11:36:10 am »
Code::Blocks is build with MinGW gcc and even if you are able to build SpellChecker with VC, you will most likely not be able to use it unless you have a working (!) C::B build with VC.

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2010, 12:46:17 pm »

Should be fixed in newest trunk (svn r6844).
It also affected HighlightOccurrences and IncSearch.

By the way:
the call to
Code
        stcr->SetIndicatorCurrent(GetIndicator());
in OnlineSpellChecker.cpp:152 is not needed. The current indicator is set per document and affects both views.

Offline karbous

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #50 on: December 18, 2010, 06:54:32 pm »
Wow, the spell checker plugin looks cool. I'm really missing that feature in CB. Is there any precompiled library (I'm a lazy person ;-)?

I tried to compile it under Ubuntu, but got stuck with error messages:
trunk/OnlineSpellChecker.cpp||In member function ‘void OnlineSpellChecker::DissectWordAndCheck(cbStyledTextCtrl*, int, int) const’:|
trunk/OnlineSpellChecker.cpp|244|error: ‘class cbStyledTextCtrl’ has no member named ‘IndicatorFillRange’|
trunk/OnlineSpellChecker.cpp|258|error: ‘class cbStyledTextCtrl’ has no member named ‘IndicatorFillRange’|
trunk/OnlineSpellChecker.cpp||In member function ‘void OnlineSpellChecker::ClearAllIndications(cbStyledTextCtrl*) const’:|
trunk/OnlineSpellChecker.cpp|287|error: ‘class cbStyledTextCtrl’ has no member named ‘SetIndicatorCurrent’|
trunk/OnlineSpellChecker.cpp|288|error: ‘class cbStyledTextCtrl’ has no member named ‘IndicatorClearRange’|

I'm having an CB SDK from ubuntu repos. So do that errors mean I need a newer SDK? After compiling the plugin with the new SDK does that mean I have to compile the whole CB as well, in order to work the plugin properly?

Thank you for you comments and time.

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #51 on: December 18, 2010, 08:26:40 pm »
If it is C::B 8.02 you will have no luck.
Ubuntu (since 10.10 if I remember correctly) also has 10.05 in it's repo.

Alternatively you can use my repo (see signature), but read the notes about ubuntu (older ubuntu's used to have an incompatible wxWidgets).

Offline karbous

« Reply #52 on: December 20, 2010, 06:07:22 pm »
Thank you for your swift answer, I'll give it a try.

Btw. thanks for developing and improving the wonderful opensource programming IDE  :D

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #53 on: December 20, 2010, 08:43:30 pm »
Mmmh... I just noticed that the option to change the language from the statusbar has gone in my builds...?! The statusbar does not show these elements anymore. Anybody else experiencing this?
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline Laethnes

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #54 on: December 21, 2010, 02:19:35 pm »
I guess I missed something, so is there some tutorial or something helping how to compile this plugin? While I was unable to find it, I tried compile it by method attempt - failure but it failed at 5th error...

If you want to know the details, it's "cbstatusbar.h: No such file or directory", I was unable find it in src nor /usr/include directory and I installed dev version for codeblocks, wx ( 2.8 ) (libwxbase, wx-common, libwxgtk, wx headers, wxsmithlib) and hunspell (except hunspell I guessed all of them while I was unable find any clear info what is needed) . (Ubuntu 10.10.)
(I'm sorry for errors in my English - it isn't my native language)

Offline karbous

« Reply #55 on: December 21, 2010, 02:22:36 pm »
I'm here again, please bear with me ;-)

I upgraded the Ubuntu to 10.10 and download CB 10.05 from repo with its SDK. I tried to compiled the SpellCheckPlugin and got errors on every occurrence of cbStatusBar (not defined) as Leathnes reported, so I jsut commented that out and got stuck at linker error:
 === SpellChecker, plugin ===|
ld||cannot find -lwxscintilla|

Where the wxscintilla library should be located? Somewhere in the CB SDK? I searched for it without no luck.

Why this plugin creates directory in /home/devel/share/codeblocks/plugins? Seems a bit odd location...

Thanks for your help!

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #56 on: December 21, 2010, 04:28:44 pm »
I upgraded the Ubuntu to 10.10 and download CB 10.05 from repo with its SDK.
SellChecker won't work with 10/05. It requires a patch applied to trunk of C::B after the release. Thus you need to compile C::B from trunk yourself to use this plugin. This will also make available all libraries you are asking for.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"

Offline danselmi

• Developer
  • Almost regular
« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2011, 01:06:55 am »
Mmmh... I just noticed that the option to change the language from the statusbar has gone in my builds...?! The statusbar does not show these elements anymore. Anybody else experiencing this?
It is because DoCreateStatusBar() gets called after ScanForPlugins() since rev6841. Additionally, plugins were not able to create their fields if the Statusbar was not visible at startup. The attached patch solves the problem (statusbar shows the mentioned field again).
There is/remains the problem that the statusbar is not positioned/sized correctly when it was hidden. (hide statusbar, resize cb, make the statusbar visible again! (resize cb and the statusbar is again positioned correctly) I try to look into this tomorrow.)

regards,

danselmi

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #58 on: January 04, 2011, 07:05:41 am »
It is because DoCreateStatusBar() gets called after ScanForPlugins() since rev6841.
Dammed. This slipped through. Who did this and why?! (I'll have a look...).

Offline danselmi

• Developer
  • Almost regular
« Reply #59 on: January 07, 2011, 12:12:17 am »
Dammed. This slipped through. Who did this and why?! (I'll have a look...).
It was made to store the visible/hidden-state in the config to know it at startup (the patch does not remove this feature).
There is/remains the problem that the statusbar is not positioned/sized correctly when it was hidden. (hide statusbar, resize cb, make the statusbar visible again! (resize cb and the statusbar is again positioned correctly) I try to look into this tomorrow.)
Is solved with the new patch.