Author Topic: Autoversioning problem  (Read 3522 times)

Offline gd_on

• Lives here!
Autoversioning problem
« on: September 17, 2009, 05:41:55 pm »
This month, I have a (small) problem with autoversioning (version included in SVN 5800) in a C program under Windows.
I have modified my version number in one of my software, and Autoversioning has normally made modifications in version.h.
When compiling, I obtain an error at line 8 of this version.h containing :
static const double UBUNTU_VERSION_STYLE = 9.09;
With this error message :
digit exeeds base

I use gcc, TDM version 4.4.0.

If I force the value to 9.07 or 9.10, it's OK. But 9.08 or 9.09 compiles with an error.

gd_on
Windows 11 64 bits (23H2), svn C::B (last version or almost!), wxWidgets 3.2.4 (tests with 3.3), Msys2 Compilers 13.2.0, 64 bits (seh, posix : gcc, g++ and gfortran in C:\msys64\mingw64) or 32 bits (dwarf2, posix  in C:\msys64\mingw32).

Offline JGM

• Lives here!
  • Got to practice :)
Re: Autoversioning problem
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009, 10:38:09 pm »
Some time ago I posted a patch to solve the issue making the date declaration a char instead of a double, but may be since I didn't submitted  it to the patch tracker the developers forgot to apply it, I have stopped for a long time programming in c/c++ since now I'm working more in web development (had made my own CMS in PHP completely file based  :D where i get most of my income) still I visit the forum from time to time to keep me updated since I don't know when I will need to develop in my favorite language c/c++.

Well the patch is here:
http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,6294.msg64872.html#msg64872

There are some other fixes that should be made to the plugin, the autoversioning code i think is really easy to handle so is not a big deal to modify, The plug in should generate an prefix for variable name declarations to resolve other include same declarations in C mode conflicts.

For example, instead of generating:
static const char DATE[]   = "02";

Generate
static const char AV_DATE[]   = "02";

I would love to make all necessary changes but I have like 10 projects on queue that I have to finish. But I will try my hard to provide the needed changes since I know that everyone here has many work to do also. (The time consuming part for me is setting the development enviroment  :P)

Sorry all for any inconvenience is causing these issues, my inexperience is showing up  :(

Offline JGM

• Lives here!
  • Got to practice :)
Re: Autoversioning problem
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2009, 11:06:20 am »
Hi,

I solved the problem with some new options on the autoversioning configuration window as now the ubuntu style version is a string instead of double.

Now I'm going to prepare a patch so that developers here can apply it :D on the autoversioning post on plug ins forum im gonna post a screenshot with new options and changes xD