Author Topic: Process to incorporate patches into the nightly builds  (Read 8615 times)

Offline JMP

• Multiple posting newcomer
Process to incorporate patches into the nightly builds
« on: September 21, 2009, 10:20:24 am »
I would like to know what is the process to get a patch already submited to BerliOS, incorporated into a nightly build. Does it need some testing before incorporation or else it is automatically applied?
Should the programmer notify someone of such patch or else it is picked up from the BerliOS server whenever it is found there?

regards

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
    • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
Re: Process to incorporate patches into the nightly builds
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 11:14:49 am »
I would like to know what is the process to get a patch already submited to BerliOS, incorporated into a nightly build. Does it need some testing before incorporation or else it is automatically applied?
Should the programmer notify someone of such patch or else it is picked up from the BerliOS server whenever it is found there?

regards

Here is the steps:

1, you submit a patch in BerliOS
2, CB developer will test the patch if the patch is valuable and interests any of them.
3, After internal testing, the patch will be incorporated to the trunk. then it will exists in the nightly build version.

If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
If they happened together, then turn them to classes.

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
    • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2009, 11:16:52 am »
By the way, did you currently add this patch?
If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
If they happened together, then turn them to classes.

Offline JMP

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2009, 11:33:14 am »
Hi ollydbg,

Yes, I uploaded a patch that fixes Bug 11208, regarding wrong behaviour in the debugger plugin, preventing browsing the files in the call stack by double clicking the file in the list. This worked only for project source files, but not for files of linked libraries.
I fixed the bug because I needed the right functionality for my own work, and I would like to avoid patching the nightly builds until it is finally accepted.

Regards