Author Topic: Compile Problems (un-install leftovers?)  (Read 3164 times)

Offline TimothyS

• Single posting newcomer
Compile Problems (un-install leftovers?)
« on: September 04, 2009, 05:49:51 am »
I've been switching between several different IDEs, trying to pick one to learn C++ with, and finally settled on CodeBlocks.  I went ahead and did a clean install of CodeBlocks as well, but now I'm getting the following error message on compiling a Console project:

Code
Compiling: main.cpp
Linking console executable: bin\Debug\test1.exe
mingw32-g++.exe: C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\PDCurses-SO\win32\panel.a: No such file or directory
mingw32-g++.exe: C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\PDCurses-SO\win32\pdcurses.a: No such file or directory
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minutes, 2 seconds)
0 errors, 0 warnings

I may be new at this, but I would assume something didn't get removed during the uninstall, and it's still expecting the PDcurses library (and maybe another one?) I tested earlier (trying to figure out which IDEs were easiest to use 3rd party libraries in).

How would I go about fixing this?  I did a full un-install of CodeBlocks before Re-installing with with the latest CodeBlocks with Mingw installer (8.02).

Thanks in advance for your time,
Timothy S.
Languages:  C++ (Newbie)
Compiler:  MinGw gcc v3.4.5
IDE:  Code::Blocks

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Compile Problems (un-install leftovers?)
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 06:28:29 am »
I may be new at this, but I would assume something didn't get removed during the uninstall, and it's still expecting the PDcurses library (and maybe another one?) I tested earlier (trying to figure out which IDEs were easiest to use 3rd party libraries in).
The uninstaller does not remove the setting file under "%APPDATA%\codeblocks" (usually named default.conf) on purpose. Your problem relies in the fact that you setup the library in the global compiler options (Settings->Compiler&Debugger->[Compiler/Linker options]), not in the project/target settings. Remove it from there ynd you are done. Notice: The global compiler options apply to *all* projects/targets you are developing.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline TimothyS

• Single posting newcomer
Re: Compile Problems (un-install leftovers?)
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 06:47:38 am »
Awesome, that fixed it.  Thanks!

Timothy S.
Languages:  C++ (Newbie)
Compiler:  MinGw gcc v3.4.5
IDE:  Code::Blocks