Author Topic: Intel C++ Compiler Support  (Read 23768 times)

Offline yop

• Regular
Re: Intel C++ Compiler Support
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2005, 10:51:40 pm »
Well I just finished with the addition of ICC for Linux and submited a patch. Hope you enjoy  :)
Life would be so much easier if we could just look at the source code.

Offline yop

• Regular
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2005, 11:35:05 am »
I was too tired last night (testing is not my favourite thing when coding and it took me almost 8 hours of testing to be sure) to give more info on the new compiler support.
Compiler info can be found at: http://www.intel.com/cd/software/products/asmo-na/eng/compilers/clin/219902.htm
Download from: http://www.intel.com/cd/software/products/asmo-na/eng/compilers/clin/219771.htm.
What it does: All the known features you have with the rest of the compilers supported by codeblocks, are supported for icc as well.
What it doesn't do: Well... compile for Windows  :(. If you'd like this feature added I'll need someone who owns the windows version of the compiler to do some testing and provide me with the auto detection info. Note that there is no ditribution of icc for open software developers for Windows, just a commercial one (oh god how I love linux :D).
That's all folks I'm looking forward to some feedback

Edit: Oops I should have edited my previous post, didn't see that there were no replies  :oops:

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2005, 11:42:22 am »
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Offline yop

• Regular
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2005, 11:04:04 pm »
Made some minor changes to the patch and submited. I can't think of anything else, if someone eventually uses the new compiler support I am open to any suggestions  :)

Offline yop

• Regular
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2005, 07:05:47 pm »
In patch #1341049 I have also added support for the windows version of the compiler, I used the evaluation version of the compiler.

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2005, 02:18:51 pm »
gonna try it out. Just downloaded ICC, but the eveluation does not loast long (end of this year).

There's no option to use the freely (like m$ and borland) ???

Lieven

Offline yop

• Regular
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2005, 03:01:29 pm »
Nope. You can get the linux version for free just for open source development

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2005, 04:37:31 pm »
But we're doing open source development. We're not using ICC DIRECTLY to build an open source project, but we're certainly using it to beta-test an open source project ;-) Will this loophole work?

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2005, 04:54:56 pm »
and the windows version !! must also fit in that loophole

Offline yop

• Regular
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2005, 09:12:24 pm »
But we're doing open source development. We're not using ICC DIRECTLY to build an open source project, but we're certainly using it to beta-test an open source project ;-) Will this loophole work?
and the windows version !! must also fit in that loophole
You lost me  :? What are you talking about? I replied that there is no free version for windows only a commercial one, that you can evaluate for 30 days (that's the one I used to add the windows support for the compiler and has now expired). For linux Intel provides a free version that should be used for open source development (and yes cb is open source). Apart from that there is also a commercial edition for linux. Supporting (not using or providing) a tool even a proprietary one in an open source project is tottaly legal and apart from that I think that even at Intel they'd be happy to know that a very promising open source project supports their product ;).

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2005, 09:16:54 pm »
Perhaps we should mail them...

Offline yop

• Regular
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2005, 09:21:23 pm »
Don't really know how this works. In my windows box I have the OEM windows xp that came with it and apart from that only open source software. On my linux box I don't have to worry about licences ;) You probably know better :)