Author Topic: A feature request about CC and BrowseTracker  (Read 27757 times)

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
    • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
Re: A feature request about CC and BrowseTracker
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2009, 01:11:59 pm »
I want to share some ideas that came to my mind. I agree that a navigation like forward and backward is very useful, but I think a typical scenario is not covered with it.

You start a workflow like open declaration of function foo, then here you open another declaration of functions bar etc. Now after different steps you want to go to foo, since it is perhaps a very important function.

So what I am think about is some kind of labeled Bookmarks which can be managed and sorted in a favorite list. Imagine you are in the editor at function foo and open a context menu add Bookmark Label. Now this label appears a favourite list, e.g. a dockable windows in the message console. With this mechanism frequently used functions or relevant source code line could be accessed very easily.

Perhaps also a sort criterion like (sort by access frequency from favourite list) could be nice. What are you thinking about?

In the Filemanager Plugin there is already a favourite manager for directories and I find it very convenient.

Hi, firstly, thanks for the comment!
My question is: Where can I find the "Filemanager plugin"? I opened the Menu->plugins->manage plugins dialog, but I can't find such plugin.

Also, I think I have really finished a draft version of the "Navigate backward/forward" plugin. This is mainly based on the Trackbar plugin.

Here is the steps to use this plugin:

1, copy the source code to the directory "cb_source_root\src\plugins\contrib"
2. open the "TrackBar.cbp" and build it.
3, run update.bat.
4, then run cb from: "cb_source_root\src\output"

Note: since the short-cut for "Navigate back/forward" is "alt+left" and "alt + right", which may conflict the BrowseTracker plugin( This is another great plugin), so, you can change the short-cut key in :

Settings->Editor->keyboard shortcut, see like below(for me, I just delete the two short cut  :D)

Here is the source code. Download and have fun. Note: I just add a event handler to the cbEVT_EDITOR_UPDATE_UI message in the code, the code is quite simple and self-explanation. Any comments are welcome!

[attachment deleted by admin]
If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
If they happened together, then turn them to classes.

mariocup

« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2009, 01:28:23 pm »
Hi ollydbg,

you can download the filemanager from http://developer.berlios.de/projects/cbilplugin/.

The documentation can be found here: http://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
    • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2009, 02:22:28 pm »
Hi ollydbg,

you can download the filemanager from http://developer.berlios.de/projects/cbilplugin/.

The documentation can be found here: http://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
Ok, I will try and do a test!

By the way, the codeblocks documents is pretty good! My suggestion is: I think one big webpage to hold the manual is not convenient( It takes a long time to load the whole page in my web browser), I think you can divide them into several web pages.
If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
If they happened together, then turn them to classes.

mariocup

« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2009, 02:28:26 pm »
Hi ollydbg,

this is only a generation option. You are right the loading of the screenshots takes some time. I will try to split the content in subsites.

Offline blueshake

• Regular
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2009, 03:20:40 pm »
hi,mariocup
according to your address.i just found FileManager.cbplugin for download.
and it is out of date(version conflict),so where can i download the sourcecode.
thanks.
Keep low and hear the sadness of little dog.
I fall in love with a girl,but I don't dare to tell her.What should I do?

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!