Author Topic: Horizontal scroll issue using a tilting scroll wheel  (Read 5013 times)

godvalve

Horizontal scroll issue using a tilting scroll wheel
« on: July 09, 2009, 04:15:49 am »
Hey there!
I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this post, but I just wanted to let the Code::Blocks team know that the horizontal scroll feature of my G5 Logitech mouse doesn't seem to work properly with the main editor window. When I'm in the editor and I attempt to scroll my code to the left or right (tilting the scroll wheel left or right), I see the scroll bar move but the text doesn't actually move within the window. The scroll bar stays in the position that I move it to using the mouse, but when I run the cursor down to the bar to grab it, it suddenly jumps to the position that it was in prior to my using the mouse to move it. This issue exists in v8.02 and persists in the svn 5678 build.

I hope that my description of the problem is both complete and helpful. Shoot me an email if you need more information.

Offline dathoedezt

• Single posting newcomer
Re: Horizontal scroll issue using a tilting scroll wheel
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2015, 11:49:05 pm »
can i bump this?
using logitech t400, middle swipe doesnt scroll just moves the horizontal slider. only editor options i can find is "mouse drag scrolling" and that obviously does nothing for this issue.
logitech setpoint app set to "horizontal scrolling in all apps"

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Horizontal scroll issue using a tilting scroll wheel
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2015, 02:57:25 am »
Works just fine with logitech m500 mouse on linux using the latest trunk version r10358.

Does horizontal scrolling work in scite or any other editor?
What os and version of cb are you using?
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]