Author Topic: Multiple questions, possible suggestions.  (Read 3708 times)

Offline TheSilverHammer

• Single posting newcomer
Multiple questions, possible suggestions.
« on: June 22, 2009, 04:36:05 pm »
I have been using code blocks for a while, and would like to know how to do the following.  If it can't be done, then treat it as a feature request.

I had been using code blocks for a while with a large project.  I had not actually exited code-blocks, just saved my work and continued the next day.  Well, code-blocks crashed and my entire project, the way it was setup is gone.  I found out closing the project saves it.

1.  How do you save the project without closing it?  Save All doesn't work apparently.

2.  How do you auto-save everything when you do a build?  IE: You change 5 cpp files and build.  It does not save the sources before you compile.  I can't figure out how to automate this.

3.  So my project is toast.  I have over 100 cpp/.h files.  I have virtual folders.  How can I add directly to the virtual folder?

4.  In a folder, like sources, I have 20 files I want to move to a virtual folder.  I can only drag and drop them one at a time.  How can I drag and drop 20 at once?

5.  When adding files to my project, the file selector does not cull or grey out files that are already added to my project.  Is this a setting or can you add that feature?

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
Re: Multiple questions, possible suggestions.
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 04:48:44 pm »
1.  How do you save the project without closing it?  Save All doesn't work apparently.
File -> Save Project
File -> Save All Projects

5.  When adding files to my project, the file selector does not cull or grey out files that are already added to my project.  Is this a setting or can you add that feature?

Sounds like a great feature; I have no idea if it is an option/setting somewhere. The others items I had no idea about if they exist.

Tim S
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2009, 07:03:34 pm »
As Tim wrote, or right-click the project and chose "Save project".

2.  How do you auto-save everything when you do a build?  IE: You change 5 cpp files and build.  It does not save the sources before you compile.  I can't figure out how to automate this.
If the source- or header-files belong to the actual project, they are automatically saved before building the project.

3.  So my project is toast.  I have over 100 cpp/.h files.  I have virtual folders.  How can I add directly to the virtual folder?
I don't think that this is possible (at the moment).

4.  In a folder, like sources, I have 20 files I want to move to a virtual folder.  I can only drag and drop them one at a time.  How can I drag and drop 20 at once?
Not (yet) possible. If I am right a patch for this was posted by a user some time ago, but I might be wrong.

Never heard of this. Does it happen to you, or is it a feature request ?

Offline TheSilverHammer

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2009, 09:46:55 pm »
The gray out thing does NOT happen.   The idea is that if 78 of the 80 files in the directory are already part of my project, when adding files, 78 of them are gray so I know they are NOT the files I am looking for.  So I guess this is a feature request.

Re: Saving project / workspace / files.   The save all disk icon on the menu bar, should save everything when you click it.  Id prefer to automatically save everything when you build, including project files so I do not even think about it. 
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 09:50:21 pm by TheSilverHammer »