Author Topic: Debugger problem  (Read 3734 times)

Offline Ciao

• Single posting newcomer
Debugger problem
« on: June 15, 2009, 06:05:11 pm »
Hy, i try to make a simple program with Codeblocks, but when i try to start the debug for control the variables, the debug jump immediately to the end and in the window of logs & others i see the written "Debugger finished with status 0".
How I can do for execute the debug step by step of the program? I use correctly the breakpoints but it is as if the debugger    not see the breakpoints. I have downloaded the codeblocks + mingw file and i use windows xp.   
Thanks for help,bye.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Debugger problem
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 06:53:40 pm »
Have you read that: http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=Debugging_with_Code::Blocks
Have you searched the forum?
Do you have gdb installed?
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Ciao

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 09:52:00 pm »
Yes, i have installed the gdb and i read the guide, but the problem persists.I set the breakpoint and i begin the debug, after that i set the input date and appear a window with written"The Layout CodeBlock default has changes, do you want to save it?, i choose NO and the debub jump to the end, i tried to replay YES but the result is the same.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2009, 09:59:26 pm »
I don't get the thing with the input date.

Another idea: do you use the debug target?
You can enable the "settings ->compiler -> compiller -> other -> full command line", so you can verify that the -g option is sent to gcc (you use gcc (mingw-gcc/g++), not intel, vc, bcc or something like that? )
Also look at the debugger log and at the debugger (Debug) log (this one is not on by default, you should enable it in setting -> compiler & debugger -> debugger -> debugger debug log) for any hint or clues.

Good luck
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Ciao

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2009, 11:45:27 am »
oBFusCATed...I found the proble, is a nonsense, is very simple, the name of the file is wrong, i saved the file with this name, Exercise 2 of 02/04/09 and i continued to write the code,when i completed the program i used the debug and automatically the gdb.exe created a link from the name of the program to the library of gdb, but the library of gdb not accept some symbols like - or / as in my case. I have noticed because i download another program for the c++language, the NetBeans IDE, i used the same name of the file and i do the program, but when i go to use the debug was written that there was a linking problem from the file to the gdb, I thought that the problem could be generated from the non-recognition of certain symbols,i changed the name of the file and now everything is ok, perfect i'm an idiot!!!
I apologize and thank you for help and patience that you had, i apologize also for my bad English, i'm Italian and i don't speak English wery well. Thank you and have a nice day!