Author Topic: Open File observation.  (Read 7602 times)

Offline Vampyre_Dark

• Regular
  • Hello!
    • Somewhere Over The Rainbow...
Open File observation.
« on: October 13, 2005, 01:52:16 pm »
If I attempt to open a file by dragging it on the editor, nothing happens.

If I double click in explorer, it will open, but an error box will pop up (for no reason) telling me it couldn't find the file.

If I drag the file onto the compiler output window, it opens fine no error.
C::B Wishlist
~BOYCOTT THE EVIL YELLOW BOXES~

takeshimiya

Re: Open File observation.
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2005, 02:16:58 pm »

Offline Vampyre_Dark

• Regular
  • Hello!
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2005, 02:25:23 pm »
Oops, forgot that. Yeah I'm using the latest release. Windows is implied I think... this is the windows forum. I haven't seen this written before I thought maybe it could help with the open file errors.

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2005, 05:19:01 pm »
Yeah that bug is fixed... you might try compiling CVS (with wx2.4.2), we're tackling a freeze issue right now, when we get that squashed we'll release RC2.

Offline Vampyre_Dark

• Regular
  • Hello!
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2005, 05:27:39 pm »
Yeah that bug is fixed... you might try compiling CVS (with wx2.4.2), we're tackling a freeze issue right now, when we get that squashed we'll release RC2.

IMO, I have no business touching the CVS, or any C::B source. :lol: I know less than nothing about WXWhatever you use to make the gui, so I cannot contribute anything, and there are probably 10,000 dependant apis and libs to install? :)  I'm happy to wait for the new releases.

I forgot one issue, which is that when you click on the second file in explorer, you get the message that another instance is running, instead of passing the old instance the command to open the file.

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2005, 05:49:38 pm »
Enable "Run DDE server" and pray.

If you have Dev-CPP on your PC too, then praying will not help (I speak out of experience). In that case, you have to delete all .c.cpp etc file associations as well (best do that in the registry, this is the fastest way). And never start Dev-CPP again because it will immediately break them again, even if you disable the "check for associations" option.
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

Offline Vampyre_Dark

• Regular
  • Hello!
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2005, 03:52:14 pm »
Enable "Run DDE server" and pray.

If you have Dev-CPP on your PC too, then praying will not help (I speak out of experience). In that case, you have to delete all .c.cpp etc file associations as well (best do that in the registry, this is the fastest way). And never start Dev-CPP again because it will immediately break them again, even if you disable the "check for associations" option.

I got rid of the taint of DEvCPP and MINGW when I got C::B. What exactly does DDE Server do?  :shock:

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2005, 05:21:50 pm »
DDE is shortterm for "automatic handling of filetypes when you press doubleclick thingy".

Offline Vampyre_Dark

• Regular
  • Hello!
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2005, 06:59:53 pm »
DDE is shortterm for "automatic handling of filetypes when you press doubleclick thingy".
Where does the server part come in lol. Thanks for dumbing down for me. ;)

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2005, 07:30:02 pm »
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."