Author Topic: The 16 May 2009 build (5602) is out.  (Read 73050 times)

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: The 16 May 2009 build (5602) is out.
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2009, 11:23:11 am »
Why project settings are hidden in custom makefile mode and compiler combobox is not.
This way I can change compiler for custom makefile??? :?
But if I can select the compiler why I can't achieve compiler settings pages???

I think that these things are related! 8)

You are right, chosing a compiler also dos not make sense.
Maybe it was just forgotten to disable ?

The compiler settings also specify the make executable.
Thanks !
I have absolutely overseen this  :oops:

But I had a really hard week, much too much work  :?  :)

Offline critic

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2009, 01:33:12 pm »
Jens, excuse me for this confusion -> :oops:
I understood my mistake.

Another question:
why developers of C::B selected wxWidgets instead of Qt. I think that latter is too much powerful?

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2009, 08:42:36 am »
why developers of C::B selected wxWidgets instead of Qt. I think that latter is too much powerful?
The time C::B development started (years ago!) QT was not an option. In addition: We don't see any serious limitation when using wxWidgets. Do you?
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline critic

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2009, 07:50:50 am »
I never worked with wxWidgets before (The only my project with wxWidgets - QtHelper plugin for C::B). :(
This topic is clear.

Why don't you provide the latest snapshots of C::B's codecompletion plugin with nightly builds (for testing) or it is in the state that not allows this?

This problem is more important then Qt integration with C::B.  :shock:

As for the rest CodeBlocks is the best C++ IDE for me (it very friendly!!!) :P

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2009, 08:30:03 am »
Why don't you provide the latest snapshots of C::B's codecompletion plugin with nightly builds (for testing) or it is in the state that not allows this?
The issue for me is that the CC mods are based on the wxAUI branch which is not trunk. Maybe if killerbot offers to provide both: The wxAUI branch and the trunk version as nightly I could think of integrating it. The issue is clear: We don't want to make many changes at a time as this usually introduces errors hard to track. So the schedule is: 1.) Testing wxAUI (which everybody can do - the more do the faster we get a stable branch). IMHO it is already very stable and I am working with it on a daily basis but only under Windows. 2.) Merging wxAUI to trunk so everybody gets the benefits through nightlies 3.) Creating a CC branch to start testing the CC improvements. 4.) Merging CC improvements to branch.
You may ask: Why don't you do it? Well - the reason is simple: Although I have written this several times now I get no feedback and nobody is willing / has the time to help. So I am basically kind of stuck. :(
In fact it creates a bizarre situation for me: It's getting  more and more difficult to sync my local mods (which are not only wxAUI and CC) with trunk and the wxAUI branch. :lol:
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 08:33:35 am by MortenMacFly »
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
    • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2009, 08:50:03 am »
@MortenMacFly
Some simple patches like variable name replacement(my patch several days ago)can be done separately. If people(like me) want to give help, but their patches were delayed a long time, they may lose their motivation and interest to support. :D
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 08:52:13 am by ollydbg »
If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
If they happened together, then turn them to classes.

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2009, 09:21:30 am »
but their patches were delayed a long time, they may lose their motivation and interest to support. :D
I know and I feel very sorry about that. But see: We are also getting "bitten" if we apply features instead of doing a release... So whatever we do we can't make it right and people will complain. That's how it is and that's how it always will be. This is very frustrating for us, too - believe me.

achromicia

« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2009, 09:36:45 am »
Any possibility that someone could host/upload the CB package to a 3rd party for me. When I attempt to download this package it sits at 6kb/s and then dies out at about 2MB downloaded and the second link doesn't seem to work at all. Perhaps it's because of my location, who knows.

Thanks in advance too.

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2009, 09:43:09 pm »
Any possibility that someone could host/upload the CB package to a 3rd party for me. When I attempt to download this package it sits at 6kb/s and then dies out at about 2MB downloaded and the second link doesn't seem to work at all. Perhaps it's because of my location, who knows.

Thanks in advance too.

I suggest building from SVN; that is the way I did the nightly while having a dialup connection.

Tim S
PS: Code::Blocks 8.02 is on sf.net
http://sourceforge.net/projects/codeblocks/
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

achromicia

« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2009, 09:29:07 am »
Good point. Sad that I didn't think of it before - thanks mate.

Offline Loaden

• Lives here!
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2009, 04:40:46 am »
CDB unwork!
When press F7, it's not update the state.

Offline PsYhLo

• Almost regular
« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2009, 11:31:26 am »
Code
Making all in propgrid
make[5]: Entering directory `/home/psyhlo/devel/cb-src/src/plugins/contrib/wxSmith/propgrid'
/bin/bash ../../../../../libtool --tag=CXX   --mode=compile g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../../../../../src/include -I/usr/lib/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-release-2.8 -I/usr/include/wx-2.8 -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGE_FILES -D__WXGTK__ -pthread -I./contrib/include -DWXMAKINGLIB_PROPGRID -DwxPG_USE_WXMODULE=0 -Ulinux -Uunix  -O2 -ffast-math -DCB_AUTOCONF -g -O2 -DCB_PRECOMP -Winvalid-pch -fPIC -DPIC -fexceptions -MT advprops.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/advprops.Tpo -c -o advprops.lo `test -f './contrib/src/propgrid/advprops.cpp' || echo './'`./contrib/src/propgrid/advprops.cpp
libtool: compile:  g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../../../../../src/include -I/usr/lib/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-release-2.8 -I/usr/include/wx-2.8 -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGE_FILES -D__WXGTK__ -pthread -I./contrib/include -DWXMAKINGLIB_PROPGRID -DwxPG_USE_WXMODULE=0 -Ulinux -Uunix -O2 -ffast-math -DCB_AUTOCONF -g -O2 -DCB_PRECOMP -Winvalid-pch -fPIC -DPIC -fexceptions -MT advprops.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/advprops.Tpo -c ./contrib/src/propgrid/advprops.cpp  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/advprops.o
./contrib/src/propgrid/advprops.cpp:538: error: prototype for ‘wxFontPropertyClass::wxFontPropertyClass(const wxString&, const wxString&, const wxFont&)’ does not match any in class ‘wxFontPropertyClass’
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/propgrid/advprops.h:316: error: candidates are: wxFontPropertyClass::wxFontPropertyClass(const wxFontPropertyClass&)
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/propgrid/advprops.h:320: error:                 wxFontPropertyClass::wxFontPropertyClass(const wxString&, const wxString&, const wxFontPropertyValue&)
./contrib/src/propgrid/advprops.cpp: In member function ‘virtual bool wxFontPropertyClass::OnEvent(wxPropertyGrid*, wxWindow*, wxEvent&)’:
./contrib/src/propgrid/advprops.cpp:628: error: no matching function for call to ‘wxFontData::SetInitialFont(wxFontPropertyValue&)’
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/cmndata.h:106: note: candidates are: void wxFontData::SetInitialFont(const wxFont&)
make[5]: *** [advprops.lo] Error 1
make[5]: Leaving directory `/home/psyhlo/devel/cb-src/src/plugins/contrib/wxSmith/propgrid'
make[4]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/psyhlo/devel/cb-src/src/plugins/contrib/wxSmith'
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/psyhlo/devel/cb-src/src/plugins/contrib'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/psyhlo/devel/cb-src/src/plugins'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/psyhlo/devel/cb-src/src'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

ubuntu 9.04

Code
wx-config --version-full

Code
gcc -v
Using built-in specs.
Target: i486-linux-gnu
Configured with: ../src/configure -v --with-pkgversion='Ubuntu 4.3.3-5ubuntu4' --with-bugurl=file:///usr/share/doc/gcc-4.3/README.Bugs --enable-languages=c,c++,fortran,objc,obj-c++ --prefix=/usr --enable-shared --with-system-zlib --libexecdir=/usr/lib --without-included-gettext --enable-threads=posix --enable-nls --with-gxx-include-dir=/usr/include/c++/4.3 --program-suffix=-4.3 --enable-clocale=gnu --enable-libstdcxx-debug --enable-objc-gc --enable-mpfr --enable-targets=all --with-tune=generic --enable-checking=release --build=i486-linux-gnu --host=i486-linux-gnu --target=i486-linux-gnu
Thread model: posix
gcc version 4.3.3 (Ubuntu 4.3.3-5ubuntu4)

revision 5612

« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 11:33:58 am by PsYhLo »

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2009, 12:07:44 pm »
@PsYhLo

Code
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/propgrid/advprops.h:316: error: candidates are: wxFontPropertyClass::wxFontPropertyClass(const wxFontPropertyClass&)
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/propgrid/advprops.h:320: error:                 wxFontPropertyClass::wxFontPropertyClass(const wxString&, const wxString&, const wxFontPropertyValue&)

Try renaming the folder propgrid to propgrid-save inside folder /usr/include/wx-2.8/wx
Note: wxWidgets 2.8 does not have propgrid with it in nearly all cases.

Tim S
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2009, 12:18:03 pm »
Code
Making all in propgrid

ubuntu 9.04

Code
wx-config --version-full

As far as I know wxPropertyGrid is not part of wxWidgets < 2.9.
Where do you get your wxWidgets from ?

Is it a ubuntu-version or is it the version from apt.wxwidgets.org ?

Tim's solution should work.

Offline PsYhLo

• Almost regular
« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2009, 12:53:20 pm »

Try renaming the folder propgrid to propgrid-save inside folder /usr/include/wx-2.8/wx
Note: wxWidgets 2.8 does not have propgrid with it in nearly all cases.

Tim S

it works

As far as I know wxPropertyGrid is not part of wxWidgets < 2.9.
Where do you get your wxWidgets from ?

Is it a ubuntu-version or is it the version from apt.wxwidgets.org ?

Tim's solution should work.
from apt.wxwidgets.org