Author Topic: Add projects into existing workspace  (Read 9454 times)

Offline senthilkumar

• Single posting newcomer
Add projects into existing workspace
« on: May 15, 2009, 11:15:09 am »
Hi All,

I have workspace with 6 projects.One is an application and rest are dll(used by the app).I have created one new project(dll),i would like to add this project into existing workspace.
when i do build workspace,existing wrokspace which has 6 projects only building now.

How shall i add my project into the existing workspace so that when i do build workspace,my new project also should get build?

Thanks in advance
Regards
Senthil

Offline AkiraDev

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: Add projects into existing workspace
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 11:35:33 am »
I don't understand your question.

I believe that if you have saved the project separately, it's just a matter of opening it while in your workspace: it will be added to the workspace, and then you can just save it. Done.

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 11:38:35 am »
I don't understand your question.

I believe that if you have saved the project separately, it's just a matter of opening it while in your workspace: it will be added to the workspace, and then you can just save it. Done.

If it still does not build, make sure the build targets have the same name.
You can also create virtual targets that include 1..n "real" build targets to make sure all projects get build.

Offline senthilkumar

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 12:58:48 pm »
Hi Akiradev,

i have opened my project in the workspace and i have the saved the workspace.but still when i do build workspace,my recently included project is not building with that workspace

Jens,
i couldnt get your answer.can you please explain bit more?

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2009, 01:26:48 pm »
Hi Akiradev,

i have opened my project in the workspace and i have the saved the workspace.but still when i do build workspace,my recently included project is not building with that workspace

Jens,
i couldnt get your answer.can you please explain bit more?
In your workspace you have an active project and this project has an active target (visible in the dropdownlist of the compiler toolbar).

If you now build your workspace all targets that are named like the active target in the active project are build.

If the build targets in the newly added project are named different, they will never be build automatically.

Offline senthilkumar

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2009, 02:39:11 pm »
Hi Jens,

As you said build target name of my newly added project was differernt from other project build target name.
I have changed build target name as other project build target name.now my project also building with the workspace..

thanks for your detailed explanation.

Regards
Senthil