Author Topic: Thanx for C::B and some ideas  (Read 3007 times)

Offline Dr.Optix

• Multiple posting newcomer
  • I'm studying OS Developing.
    • DrOptix Blog
Thanx for C::B and some ideas
« on: May 14, 2009, 08:15:43 pm »
Hello C::B Team I want to thank you for your great work, now I can work on the same environment at the same time both on linux and windows without changes.To have a cross platform IDE is a great thing

The suggestion I want to make is about the code completion plugin, idk if Eclipse CDT or maybe Eclipse PDT are source code, but i know Eclipse is open source and maybe the code completion is implemented in Eclipse id, but it may be a good  inspiration for the code completion plugin because from what i've seen it is better than the code completion from C::B latest SVN

Another idea that came in my mind as I was typing this post, it would be interesting for C::B to include a C# project template and to allow you setup C# compiler why because in this way it will become a more competitive alternative to visual studio, you see cross platform + posibility to mix let's say a C/C++ DLL/SO project and a WinForms App that use that DLL/SO.

I'm not to good at developing on public projects or on team development in general, I'm more of a lone wolf :), but I will get the latest SVN of C::B and if I can add improves I will let you all know.

~Dr.Optix
IDE: Code::Blocks Nightly / CodeLite Latest Stable
Compiler: TDM's GCC/mingw32
Blog: DrOptix.WordPress.Com

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
    • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
Re: Thanx for C::B and some ideas
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 07:19:30 am »
There are many discussion about the  code completion redesign.

See here:

http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/board,18.0.html

Current, nobody have decide to have a try. :(

If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
If they happened together, then turn them to classes.