Author Topic: Dependency Checking & chaning of .h files.  (Read 15920 times)

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
Re: Dependency Checking & chaning of .h files.
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2005, 05:19:37 pm »
Thank you, but we'd appreciate it if the screenshots were legible the next time :lol:

Anyway, try to enable the "Full Commandline" logging in the compiler advanced options. Also, the compiler log can be copy / pasted with right-click.

grv575

« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2005, 02:06:40 am »
Just reading through this, it sounds like the dependency checker checks .c .cpp etc files for #includes and ensures recompilation if any of them have changed.

But is this recursive?  If a header not directly #included in a .c .cpp file but (#included in an #included header), then does it catch this or no?

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2005, 09:38:03 am »
As said before, of course it's recursive. But the compiler include dirs for the project must be setup correctly so that it can really locate the files...

I 've told it before: set the project include dirs correctly and it 'll work. The dependency checker does not follow global include dirs...
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

grv575

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2005, 01:28:58 am »
OK, but say I don't set the include dir for each file I include, but I add them to the project.  Will the recursive #include checking look here as well (I assume yes but just to be sure)?

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2005, 10:09:00 am »
OK, but say I don't set the include dir for each file I include, but I add them to the project. Will the recursive #include checking look here as well (I assume yes but just to be sure)?

I 'll say it in a different way: dependency-checking is reliable and works as long as your project compiles without errors about missing #includes.
In other words:  if the compiler can find your files, C::B can too. The only difference is that C::B will not search in dirs defined in the global compiler options.

I hope it's clear enough now.
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

staloysius333

« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2005, 05:08:42 pm »
Cool,  now I begin to understand.  The project must be set up correctly & ! the Global prefs.  Ok, thanks.  That, I believe answers my ? and I'll certainly try that.

About the "unreadable" jpg. Sorry, but that's the biggest I could get it to be accepted by the site.  I only allows a 128k size pic and mine was acutally around 3k in size.  Ah well,

Thanks so much for the insight.  I'll certainly try it!  :D

--I also appreicate you patience & willingness to answer my ?'s.   8)

--Allen

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2005, 05:33:28 pm »
About the "unreadable" jpg. Sorry, but that's the biggest I could get it to be accepted by the site.  I only allows a 128k size pic and mine was acutally around 3k in size.  Ah well,

Try www.imageshack.us next time :)

1024kb max. filesize, free of charge, plus it saves bandwidth and storage for the forums ;)
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

staloysius333

« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2005, 06:39:58 pm »
Never heard of it!  Way cool & then I wouls suspose that I'd put in a link to it so that the pic can be seen.

Excellent!  :D

--Allen