Author Topic: watches window  (Read 4004 times)

digitalGirl

watches window
« on: April 28, 2009, 04:06:00 am »
hello, im starting to use codeblocks and i run into this problem, i been using it for about two or three months and cant get the watches windows apear!!, it is gone, disapeared! :shock: and some toolbars too.... i dont know what i have pressed, but i cant get em back, i dont care much about the other toolbars but i cant get the watch window appear!!!, i have checked all the menus and pressed all the buttons to bring it back but nothing seems to work for me!

please can someone tell me how can i get it back!!!!
i know this is a silly problem, but i cant figure it out:oops:

thankyou for all your time

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: watches window
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 06:45:26 am »
please can someone tell me how can i get it back!!!!
Try menu "View" -> "Perspectives" (alias "Layout" in earlier versions) -> "Delete current".
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 06:59:23 am »
For the toolbars, it should be done by done by checking them in "View -> toolbars", except for the situation, that they have been moved outside the screen.
If that's the case, you have to delete the current layout as mentioned by MortenMacFly.

The watches window (and other debugging windows) can normally be switched on via "Debug -> Debugging windows". Be sure to activate the perspective, you wnat to appera it before. If you want it to appear while debugging (the normal case, I think), you should do this, if you are in a debugging session or after switching to the perspective "Debugging" ("View -> Perspectives").

In any cases, don't forget to save the perspective, if C::B asks you, or do it manually ("View -> Perspectives -> Save current")-

digitalGirl

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2009, 10:25:50 am »
thankyou very much MortenMacFly and jens for your help, i was going crazy  :P
deleting the layout brought me back the toolbars, (i had to delete the layout three times before it actually changed but finally did), and finally found the watches window thanx jens!