Author Topic: FFTW  (Read 12349 times)

noname76

FFTW
« on: April 20, 2009, 03:59:05 pm »
Hi everyone,

i have a problem / question regarding the FFTW on WinXP. I have downloaded fftw-3.2.1-dll.zip from here ftp://ftp.fftw.org/pub/fftw/fftw-3.2.1-dll.zip, added fftw3.h to my project and added the folder containing the dll to the compiler and linker search directorys in the global complier settings.
The enthusiastic push on the F9 key resulted in the following error message:

Code
||=== LVTool, Release ===|
obj\Release\Items\ItemFFT.o:ItemFFT.cpp:(.text+0x2c84)||undefined reference to `_imp__fftw_malloc'|
obj\Release\Items\ItemFFT.o:ItemFFT.cpp:(.text+0x2c97)||undefined reference to `_imp__fftw_malloc'|
obj\Release\Items\ItemFFT.o:ItemFFT.cpp:(.text+0x2cd3)||undefined reference to `_imp__fftw_plan_dft_2d'|
obj\Release\Items\ItemFFT.o:ItemFFT.cpp:(.text+0x2d5d)||undefined reference to `_imp__fftw_execute'|
obj\Release\Items\ItemFFT.o:ItemFFT.cpp:(.text+0x2ddb)||undefined reference to `_imp__fftw_destroy_plan'|
obj\Release\Items\ItemFFT.o:ItemFFT.cpp:(.text+0x2dfa)||undefined reference to `_imp__fftw_free'|
obj\Release\Items\ItemFFT.o:ItemFFT.cpp:(.text+0x2e09)||undefined reference to `_imp__fftw_free'|
||=== Build finished: 7 errors, 0 warnings ===|

So it is obvious that i did something wrong. I hope someone can help me because my coding skills are a little limited as well as my knowledge about the usage dll's.
Thanks in advance

EDIT:
Case solved. In case you have the same problem check the following page:
http://www.sic.sp2mi.univ-poitiers.fr/slip/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=41&Itemid=1
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 05:01:15 pm by noname76 »

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: FFTW
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 05:04:59 pm »
added the folder containing the dll to the compiler and linker search directorys in the global complier settings.
Just for the record: This has nothing to do in the global compiler settings unlerss *all* the projects you develop today and tomorrow need it. It's best if you put these settings at project- or target level (depending on what makes most sense in your workspace/project setup).
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline daye

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 11:27:59 am »
Hi,

I have tried to install fftw and followed up with the instruction from the SLIP page you pointed. Unfortunately, I first noticed that the libfftw3-3.a file created using codeblocks\Mingw\bin\dlltool.exe
is of 0kb in size, then my attempt to a test run was end up with the following message;

Linking console excutable: bin\Debug\fftw_test.exe
C:\Programfiles\fftw/libfftw3-3.a: file not recognized: File truncated
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minutes, 0 seconds)
0 errors, 0 warnings

Could you please point me as to what I have done wrong? I am running windows 7.

many thanks.

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 11:40:44 am »
Hi,

I have tried to install fftw and followed up with the instruction from the SLIP page you pointed. Unfortunately, I first noticed that the libfftw3-3.a file created using codeblocks\Mingw\bin\dlltool.exe
is of 0kb in size, then my attempt to a test run was end up with the following message;

Linking console excutable: bin\Debug\fftw_test.exe
C:\Programfiles\fftw/libfftw3-3.a: file not recognized: File truncated
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minutes, 0 seconds)
0 errors, 0 warnings

Could you please point me as to what I have done wrong? I am running windows 7.

many thanks.

This question is not related to C::B and is therefore violating our forum rules.

http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ#Q:_What_Code::Blocks_is_not.3F

Please ask in forum that supports fftw.

Topic locked !