Author Topic: why no template when i create a new project ?  (Read 3690 times)

Offline vfdff

• Multiple posting newcomer
why no template when i create a new project ?
« on: April 08, 2009, 08:30:38 am »
after I use the command" codeblocks --build "  to start the codeblocks with GUI in redhat 9.0,however I can't create a new project for there is no template to choose ,that why ?I don't have such error when I use it in the windows xp operation?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: why no template when i create a new project ?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 10:31:55 am »
after I use the command" codeblocks --build "  to start the codeblocks with GUI in redhat 9.0,however I can't create a new project for there is no template to choose ,that why ?I don't have such error when I use it in the windows xp operation?

That's because you try to start C::B in batch-build-mode without a project or a workspace, and the most plugins are disabled than.

Just type codeblocks without any parameters and it starts as expected.
Or look at the output of codeblocks --help (I know, you know it  :wink: ), to see what parameters are "legal".

Offline vfdff

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2009, 06:32:35 pm »
just as you said ,i first start the C::B without  any parameters ,but it desn't shows right with an error debug dialog,so I use codeblocks --rebuild to start the C::B,it shows all right .then I choose file-->new projects it come on the error as above

Offline luckymancvp

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 04:44:32 pm »
Same as me.

help me !!!

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2009, 05:51:45 pm »
Start it without any parameters or try codeblocks --help, to see what parameters are available.