Author Topic: Visualized matrix for cellular automata?  (Read 5045 times)

Offline nzurb

• Single posting newcomer
Visualized matrix for cellular automata?
« on: March 31, 2009, 02:56:05 pm »
Dear all,

I'm new to Code::Blocks, and tried to find some info here but couldn't find what I need.
Is there any library or something one could download to get graphical output for cellular automaton based models?
i.e. I would need for example a 100x100 grid with 7-9 different levels shown in colours.
I will probably work with wxSmith to get the forms and buttons etc, but is there anything more specific to what I need?

Thanks for any comments or help.

Offline Alexis

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: Visualized matrix for cellular automata?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 05:39:53 pm »
Hello nzurb,

When using wxSmith, look in "Advanced" thumb. There is a control called wxGrid that could suit you needs :
http://www.wxwidgets.org/images/screens/grid_x11.gif

Offline nzurb

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 04:04:22 pm »
Thank you. I had a look at your picture, but I'm not sure if that's what I need. I did not install anything yet on my computer because I'm not sure which product to use.
Can anybody else maybe give me more ideas? I'm looking for a grid- or pixel-like graphical output for a cellular automaton model. As far as I understood the above picture, that is more for output of numbers, text, etc in a matrix. (Am I right?)

Thanks for any further hints  :)

Offline Ceniza

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • CenizaSOFT
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009, 10:57:40 pm »
You could place a wxPanel and handle the OnPaint method yourself, so you use the Panel as a canvas. If you need it to be 100x100, that is something that you can easily do with wxSmith. For more information, please refer to wxWidget's documentation and forums.