Author Topic: Plugin not accepted by IDE  (Read 5890 times)

Offline eyecreate

• Single posting newcomer
Plugin not accepted by IDE
« on: April 05, 2009, 08:12:16 pm »
I have been making a plugin for CB and it worked fine on my Ubuntu laptop. I decided to try and compile it under Windows XP so that it could be used on other platforms, but I can not get the plugin to be accepted by a default install of 8.02. The plugin will work fine on the version of CB that I compile the SDK from, but it shouldn't matter as they are both 8.02. When I load the plugin in the default install, CB says the plugin was made for a different version of CB and can't be loaded. I found the default install will accept a blank plugin if I make a copy of "wxmsw28u_gcc_cb.dll" and name it "wxmsw28u_gcc.dll" but as soon as I do something more complicated like use wxscintilla, it complains again.  Is there anything so far I've done that I might have done wrong?

Offline JGM

• Lives here!
  • Got to practice :)

Offline eyecreate

Re: Plugin not accepted by IDE
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 01:15:49 am »
Thanks, this looks like usefull information, but the only problem is it didn't change anything. I followed the steps to link the plugin against the dll in the code blocks dir, but it still is rejected by the IDE. The only thing I did different than in the wiki was I also added wxscintilla to the link list because I use it in my plugin.

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
    • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009, 05:56:52 am »
Thanks, this looks like usefull information, but the only problem is it didn't change anything. I followed the steps to link the plugin against the dll in the code blocks dir, but it still is rejected by the IDE. The only thing I did different than in the wiki was I also added wxscintilla to the link list because I use it in my plugin.
I also met this problem in windows xp. If I build a plugin linking to a DLL(The DLL was shipped in nightly build package), the C::B will complain that this plugin was build from a different version...

The only method is that I rebuild the whole c::b sdk and link to the generated DLLs build myself. :(

But the wiki page said that we don't need to build the c::b's sdk library, we can just link to the DLL.
If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
If they happened together, then turn them to classes.

Offline dje

• Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2009, 09:19:05 am »
Let's have a look at plugins using scintilla such as ThreadSearch or CodeSnippet. Their project build options might help you.

Dje

Offline eyecreate

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2009, 04:42:47 am »
I think I got it now, just have to test it on more setups. It seems when I copied my original code from my ubuntu build, I thought I could paste the cpp and header into the new project on win32 and fix naming of files there, but I forgot some of the places in the cpp file the .zip file name was hard coded, and as soon as I applied the build options to my ubuntu build like my other project attempts, it compiled and worked on that setup. Thanks for your suggestions here, as they helped me eliminate parts of my problems.