Author Topic: where *are* the include files & FLTK & linux  (Read 3238 times)

Offline pawelk

• Single posting newcomer
where *are* the include files & FLTK & linux
« on: March 24, 2009, 03:25:26 pm »
Hi
Sorry but, I've recently installed linux Fedora 10 over what was XP and am rather new to linux so... having happily installed C::B and compiled a little hello world app to make sure everything works (and it does, with GCC), I thought I'd try a FLTK project.  The template is there but the library isn't.  OK I can download that but, what do i do with it?  And where are the C::B include files on this linux beast?

So, where are the C::B include files?
What's the easiest way to install/make available the FLTK library? (I'm familiar enough with DevC++ devpacks, and have read here that C::B can use them but, don't see a 'package manager' in my C::B (v. 8.02.))

I have searched this forum for "FLTK"; none of the posts have quite addressed my ignorance.

best wishes, pawelk

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: where *are* the include files & FLTK & linux
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 03:33:14 pm »
Install the libs with fedoras package-manager.
I could tell you how to do that in debian, but that would not help you.

So you have to find out something yourself.

Make sure you install the fltk-libs and the devel-package (including the headers).

That should normally be enough.

If you install the lib(s) and headers directly from the sources (absolutely not recommended for beginners), you might have to fix the include-paths so that they point to the directory you have chosen for installation.

Offline pawelk

• Single posting newcomer
Re: where *are* the include files & FLTK & linux
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 03:57:26 pm »
It was the fltk devel package that I was missing.  All good now.