Author Topic: Build-and-run (F9) hotkey does'nt work -  (Read 18741 times)

Offline charlesd05

• Single posting newcomer
Build-and-run (F9) hotkey does'nt work -
« on: February 08, 2009, 05:03:48 pm »
Hello everybody ( :? i'm french, so sorry whether my english isn't really good... )

I used codeblocks for a few years under windows, now under ubuntu 8.10 (linux for life ! :D). I would wanna say i think codeblocks has a real future !...
But i've two little problems : (i could write two topics but i thought it wasn't needed... :))

first, the F9 hotkey to build-and-run doesn't work. when pushed, the window becomes grayed (busy) until i click on. only the menu item works.

second, the console execution makes no pause at the end of the execution, only get out. this problem appears only when debugging (with F8).

Then, i would contribute to this very good soft, but if there's any solution yet ...  :)

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Build-and-run (F9) hotkey does'nt work -
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 05:51:34 pm »
The first works for me on debian and windows without problems, maybe the hotkey is assigned by your windowmanager or another.

The second behaviour is normal, if you want the console to be opened at the end, you have to set a breakpoint on the return statement of main, or put a cin as last statement.

Offline charlesd05

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2009, 06:10:17 pm »
Hello, first thinks for your help  :D

for the first, this hotkey is free, i'm sure of this, and more this problem was there under windows too.

for the second, your solution is the one i currently use, but i meant that the option in Project->Properties->release->"pause when execution ends" seems not to work... maybe it's not the source of the problem?  :?

Offline charlesd05

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2009, 06:13:52 pm »
sorry i made a mistake : it's in debug and release  :?

Offline charlesd05

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2009, 06:14:28 pm »
fuck, another mistake : it's in DEBUG, NOT IN RELEASE

Offline charlesd05

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2009, 06:23:12 pm »
Hey! F9 seems to work now! it's strange, i didn't do anything !  :o

darkhero77

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2009, 06:39:27 pm »
Hey! F9 seems to work now! it's strange, i didn't do anything !  :o
Are you sure you didn't do anything? I seem to be experiencing the same problem.  :(

mrowek

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2009, 03:55:42 pm »
The answer is simple - CompizConfig -> Widget dashboard (?*) -> there's F9 used.

// not using english language so i don't know exactly how it's called, but something about widgets ;]