Author Topic: The 26 November 2008 build (5322) is out.  (Read 85776 times)

Bat2k

Re: The 26 November 2008 build (5322) is out.
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2009, 11:15:47 am »
Hi, guys. I tried 8.02 stable version and found strange behaviour, then I migrated to 5322 nightly build to check it here. I'm talking about changing compiler with project and global compiler settings inheritance in projects. I guess it's a bug, if not can someone explain:
1) how global compiler settings are influence on project compiler settings (i guess the flags should be inherited),
2) why when I change compiler in the project flags are remain the same( project was created with msvc then i switch it to gcc and couldn't compile because CB feeds gcc with cl flags!)
3) why when I set project compiler settings and there is 'Append...' mode in build targets compiler settings checkboxes there are not set (the same problem with settings inheritance)

Thanks.

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
    • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2009, 12:15:14 pm »
Hi, guys. I tried 8.02 stable version and found strange behaviour, then I migrated to 5322 nightly build to check it here. I'm talking about changing compiler with project and global compiler settings inheritance in projects. I guess it's a bug, if not can someone explain:
1) how global compiler settings are influence on project compiler settings (i guess the flags should be inherited),
2) why when I change compiler in the project flags are remain the same( project was created with msvc then i switch it to gcc and couldn't compile because CB feeds gcc with cl flags!)
3) why when I set project compiler settings and there is 'Append...' mode in build targets compiler settings checkboxes there are not set (the same problem with settings inheritance)

Thanks.

I use both GCC setting for global and project compiler setting. So ,I could only say something to your question 3.
I think it is not necessary to inheritance setting from Project setting to build target Append setting. Project setting is a common setting for all the build targets, so, if things like you said, when you change the checkbox in one build target setting, the Project setting  will be changed or not?
If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
If they happened together, then turn them to classes.

Bat2k

« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2009, 12:40:08 pm »
I use both GCC setting for global and project compiler setting. So ,I could only say something to your question 3.
if things like you said, when you change the checkbox in one build target setting, the Project setting  will be changed or not?

Of course not! Because Project is a parent of build targets in the sense of toolchain settings. Also global settings should be copied to project settings as well. Let's answer a question differently - What is the purpose of global compiler settings?

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
    • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2009, 09:57:43 am »
@mmkider

Did you still encounter the "drag toolbar crash" problem in Windows with wxWidgets 2.8.10 and latest nightly build?

As I mentioned in this post:
http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,9648.msg67823.html#msg67823

If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
If they happened together, then turn them to classes.