Author Topic: auto new tab instead of "Only one instance"  (Read 5455 times)

Offline PC_Nerd

• Multiple posting newcomer
auto new tab instead of "Only one instance"
« on: January 31, 2009, 11:06:30 am »
Hi,

How can I set codeblocks (ubuntu 8.10, package install (not nightly)), to open new files in a tab, instead of displaying a "Only one instance is allowed" message box.  Im opening the file externally to codeblocks (though the file browser), and wanted to set it as the default program instead of gedit etc, for .h and .cpp (already done in the codeblocks settings).

Thanks,
Jack

mariocup

Re: auto new tab instead of "Only one instance"
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2009, 02:00:42 pm »
HI PC_Nerd,

if you use one of the current CB nighlties, then the required functionality is already available. Go to the Settings->Environment dialogue and in the General settings set the checkbox "Use an already running instance instead of starting a new one (if possible)".

Bye,

Mario

Offline PC_Nerd

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2009, 02:18:34 pm »
Hi,

Thanks, is the nightly build the only way to get this functionality?

Also - Ive noticed its been a while since 8.02 (I think),  Will the nightlies be merged into a new release candidate?  Ubuntu 8.10 (only a few months old) still has 8.02 of codeblocks because there is no specific release recently? (anyway).

Thanks.
PC_Nerd

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2009, 02:41:57 pm »
The only thing you can do in 8.02 is starting a new instance of C::B if you open a file from commandline or filemanager (uncheck "Settings -> Environment... -> General settings -> Allow only one ...").

If that is not enough, you have to install either a nightly, or wait for the next release.

There are ubuntu and debian repos that can be used with intrepid ibex (ubuntu 8.10), see the actual nightly threads (http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/board,20.0.html).

You can also use my repo, even if it is build for and on debian (see signature).

Offline PC_Nerd

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2009, 11:48:30 pm »
Ok thanks,

Ive got it  working, so no need for the nightly (though the do have some nice features so i might migrate later on).

Thanks