Author Topic: Trouble with wx/setup.h  (Read 3879 times)

rbgreenway

Trouble with wx/setup.h
« on: January 30, 2009, 11:48:59 pm »
I'm running Ubuntu 8.10, Codeblocks 8.02, wx2.8.8, and Qt 4.4.3.  I used the Codeblocks Project Wizard to create a base Qt project.  I didn't edit it at all, just tried to build it.

I receive a file not found error in the platform.h file; the line  #inlcude "wx/setup.h", was reported to cause the error.  In the source code for platform.h, there is a comment immediately preceding this include.  Here is the comment:

/*
   Include wx/setup.h for the Unix platform defines generated by configure and
   the library compilation options

Note that it must be included before defining hardware symbols below as they
   could be already defined by configure
 */

I'm sorry, but I don't understand what this is telling me. I'm not sure what "configure" is. 

Out of desparation, I performed a file search for setup.h.  I found 28 copies...all over the place.  For 3 that seemed to make the most sense, I set search directories for them in the [Settings]->[Compiler and debugger settings]->[search directories], and added the following directories:

/usr/lib/wx/include/base-unicode-debug-2.8
/usr/lib/wx/include/base-unicode-release-2.8
/usr/lib/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-release-2.8

Well, the setup.h error is gone, but now I've got 50 errors that all look like more configuration issues.  Here's a few selected examples:

/usr/inclue/assert.h   Line 39    error: missing binary operator before token "("
/usr/inclue/assert.h   Line 108   error: missing binary operator before token "("
/usr/inclue/sys/cdefs.h   Line 46   error: missing binary operator before token "("
/usr/inclue/stdio.h   line 49    error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before 'typedef'

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!!

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Trouble with wx/setup.h
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2009, 12:05:06 pm »
I used the Codeblocks Project Wizard to create a base Qt project.
[...]
the line  #inlcude "wx/setup.h", was reported to cause the error.
This is not possible. Either you use QT or you use WX. The QT wizard creates no references to WX (obviously). What exactly did you do? Did you create a WX project instead???
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ