Author Topic: win32 compile problem  (Read 22565 times)

Offline bootstrap

• Multiple posting newcomer
re: win32 compile problem
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2009, 04:32:43 am »
Okay, it gets further this time, apparently, but outputs the following error message:

Compiling: icemathasm.s
mingw32-g++.exe: =: No such file or directory
mingw32-g++.exe: 0x0700: No such file or directory

I have two equivalent files, "icemathasm.asm" (MASM format assembly language) and "icemathasm.s" (Linux format assembly language).  I am not sure what that error message means, but a couple aspects look suspicious.  First, the file "icemathasm.s" certainly does exist in the project directory, and in fact, that file is displayed in the IDE, within the "ASM sources" tree.  I had assumed that "icemathasm.s" was the appropriate version of this assembly language file because I assumed the GCC/mingw compiler and tools only recognize this assembly language format.  OTOH, if I need to somehow put the "icemathasm.obj" file that VS2005 generates into this project, I can live with that if necessary (or the "icemathasm.o" file that CodeBlocks on Linux generates, though I would assume that is ELF format and therefore totally non-compatible).

The final line of those 3 error lines is also suspicious.  I just added the __MSVCRT_VERSION__ = 0x0700 to the #define tab in the IDE, and that error contains 0x0700.  Not sure why it would consider 0x0700 (or anything under the #define tab) a "file or directory", but that 0x0700 value is awfully suspicious.  The strange thing is, adding that line stopped the error on the _aligned_malloc() function, so off hand it seemed to work as intended.

Any ideas?  What do I do with my assembly language (or corresponding object) files?

PS:  I installed the mingw stuff into "c:/mingw" as requested (avoiding path/file names with space characters).  However, my project files are inside the "c:/documents and settings/administrator/document/project/" directory, which I believe is supposed to be "okay".  Am I wrong about that?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 04:35:51 am by bootstrap »

Offline Biplab

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Biplab's Blog
Re: re: win32 compile problem
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2009, 05:23:07 pm »
Compiling: icemathasm.s
mingw32-g++.exe: =: No such file or directory
mingw32-g++.exe: 0x0700: No such file or directory

The final line of those 3 error lines is also suspicious.  I just added the __MSVCRT_VERSION__ = 0x0700 to the #define tab in the IDE, and that error contains 0x0700.  Not sure why it would consider 0x0700 (or anything under the #define tab) a "file or directory", but that 0x0700 value is awfully suspicious.  The strange thing is, adding that line stopped the error on the _aligned_malloc() function, so off hand it seemed to work as intended.

You should not add any space. See my previous reply and do NOT edit my code to make it look nice; it doesn't work that way.
Be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem.

Offline bootstrap

• Multiple posting newcomer
re: win32 compile problem
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2009, 08:21:11 pm »
next error:

'memcpy' is not declared in this scope

The file that gets that error does #include <string.h> which documentation says is the correct include file.  Also, when I look inside <string.h>, I see a declaration of the memcpy() function.

Also the following:

'_ftime64_s' is not declared in this scope

I find function _ftime64() is declared in <sys/timeb.h>, but no _ftime64_s() function.  Does this mean I must have #ifdef statements in my code to distinguish whether it is being compiled by mingw instead of VS ?

Also, every attempt to call a function in "icemathasm.s" fails with

undefined reference to <functionname>

which presumably means "icemathasm.s" has not been assembled (see question in my previous post).

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: win32 compile problem
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2009, 09:05:07 pm »
You still seem to mix VC and MinGW headers and/or libraries.

By the way, this thread seems to have nothing to do with C::B, but with lack of knowledge about the compiler, you want to use.
In other words, it's violating our forum rules.

Please ask in an appropriate forum (for example MinGW).

Topic locked.